Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Where will we finish

Eddie

It all depends on two things. How good a transfer window will we have, in comparison to our competitors? Which club will embark on a good run over the next three months? That happens every season. No reason why it can’t be us. 
I reckon we’re on for automatic promotion. Not sure if we’ll top the table. 

I think we’ll get automatic.

Evatt’s teams usually have a strong second half to the season and with a couple of decent additions this Jan there’s no reason why this can’t be another of those!

I’ve got a feeling Derby will continue their charge and take top spot but we’ll be in there in 2nd place, I’ll fucking take that.

Up the massive Whites! 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

We’ve got some tricky ones

derby a, Barnsley both, Blackpool a, Stevenage a, Portsmouth h & Peterborough a 

Aye, we all have some concerns about our fixtures away.

Just looking at Barnsley- they have some tough ones yet too.

As do Pompey.

Point being everyone could take points off each other. 

It does mean we have a good number of "winnable" homes though, so keep doing what we are and we perhaps should be a bit more confident.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, we all have some concerns about our fixtures away.

Just looking at Barnsley- they have some tough ones yet too.

As do Pompey.

Point being everyone could take points off each other. 

It does mean we have a good number of "winnable" homes though, so keep doing what we are and we perhaps should be a bit more confident.

Feb/ march is gruelling and our strengthen depth will be called upon, hence why I bang the drum about the distraction of cup competitions 

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffe white said:

Feb/ march is gruelling and our strengthen depth will be called upon, hence why I bang the drum about the distraction of cup competitions 

Evatt talking about rotation today, and how players are OK with it.

Cup games can be a drain, but also the players won't want to drop out, and I reckon they'd quite fancy themselves to have another trip South for the efl trophy. 

Not east to make a case for us winning at Luton, so if we make a decent go of it and don't get battered, then they can still keep their heads high.

3 hours ago, Zulu said:

It all depends on two things. How good a transfer window will we have, in comparison to our competitors? Which club will embark on a good run over the next three months? That happens every season. No reason why it can’t be us. 
I reckon we’re on for automatic promotion. Not sure if we’ll top the table. 

Top.

Why are you asking.

btw. 'Zulu' in on C4, now. There's thousands of them apparently. 

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Evatt tends to start planning for the following season in January so hopefully a couple of championship quality players come in.

Ipswich did that last season and went bonkers Jan onwards

I see Portsmouth are looking at a defender from Ipswich, lost his place this season but played last season in that good run 

I think it’s us and Derby for top two. I just think Pompey will fall away as usual, I don’t see Barnsley as strong enough and hopefully Posh will sell one or two. I don’t know about Stevenage they’re just pushing way above at the moment and really should come undone. That said it’s all about us and currently we’re in pole position.

On this day last year we won 0-3 at Barnsley in the game when they had a player sent off early on.

Very interesting to contrast the league table next to this BBC match report exactly 12 months ago 

Barnsley 0-3 Bolton Wanderers - BBC Sport

We're 11 points worse off than we are now with the same amount of games played. Plymouth, Sheff W and Ipswich streets ahead. It's very a different league this year with more than three in contention for those top two slots!

Edited by paulhanley