Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City (A)

mattbwfc19

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Too late mate!

Our diehard fans have already given up on us!

Preparing for next seasons moanfest now!!

I get people’s frustrations, but we are 2 points behind derby not 22, if we are still at least 2 behind when we play them then it’s still in our hands. I couldn’t think of a better scenario than that .

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Can anyone honestly see us winning in front of nearly 30K at Derby with that lot? 

Not on current form 

Just hope they can rise to the occasion 

Or Derby bottle it 

Posh were the last team to beat them at home back on NYD

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

I keep hearing/reading about how (unfairly) bad Coleman is. When is some of the blame going to be aimed at out front line? The final third of our game is shocking 

Our defence didn’t give Coleman much protection second half, they were all over the place 

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Not on current form 

Or Derby bottle it 

Never mind our recent form and our poor record at Derby, these players are simply too weak to go there and win.

We just don’t win games like this. 

Edited by captainmed

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s a poor result

Without our main keeper and main striker, we’re always going to be less of a force though and at this stage of the season that is critical.

But it’s a run in for promotion and derby have shown they are as inconsistent as we are, and Barnsley now seem to be hitting a bad patch.

Perspective is needed.

But that does require a level of intelligence that people with knackered exclamation mark buttons don’t have!

Derby definitely have a habit of dropping in odd defeats at home , but we have an habit of playing shit there , so who knows . The worry for me is if they get on top for a spell then we don't capitulate .

19 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

I am banking on beating Oxford and getting a point there to stay in the race 

Up to last Tuesday our biggest issue was the predictability of our results, the teams we'd swat aside, the teams we'd get turned over by. Tuesday ended up not quite as anticipated (we got a point more than I'd expected), today definitely not (two less than expected), so not sure I'd bank on anything with us just at the moment. 

19 minutes ago, Zico said:

Not on current form 

Or Derby bottle it 

Derby lost at home to Charlton Feb 27th....

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I am now looking at the play offs anything else will be a bonus we are to inconsistent over 90+ minutes .

Exceptional insight. Have you thought of applying for a job in football journalism?

16 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Up to last Tuesday our biggest issue was the predictability of our results, the teams we'd swat aside, the teams we'd get turned over by. Tuesday ended up not quite as anticipated (we got a point more than I'd expected), today definitely not (two less than expected), so not sure I'd bank on anything with us just at the moment. 

Only banking on it to stay with a shot at automatic. Not saying it will happen but it needs to to stay in the race 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Our defence didn’t give Coleman much protection second half, they were all over the place 

School boy / Sunday league esque scrambling for the ball. 

5 strikers currently injured, every defender except toal injured at some point, and a key midfielder who's a shell of himself since wigan (morley). 

Oh and keeper out. 

We've had a bad season injury wise. 

The fact we currently have 8 players out sums it up (baxter, johnston, Taylor, Dan n, Charles, gomes, Victor, carty

Personally I don't think we will get promoted,  I wouldn't fancy playoffs atm either. 

3 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

The fact we currently have 8 players out sums it up (baxter, johnston, Taylor, Dan n, Charles, gomes, Victor, carty

The injury thing does need looking at in the summer it was similar last season .

I can’t remember any really bad tackles so is it down to training?

obviously  recently could be work load amount of games and I know but they have blamed lostock pitches but are Exeter ect facilities any better ? 

Awful 2nd half.

Going to be some twists and turns yet, everyone will be dropping points in the run in that's just the nature of league 1. Just look at Barnsleys week to make you feel better about ours.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Last 9-chance Saloon. Could even come down to goal difference on the final game of the season. We're not the only ones dropping points.

No but we're dropping a lot more than Derby and Pompey according to the form table 

Anyway 

IF We can win Tuesday and not lose next weekend we then get a weekend off and hopefully by the time we play again we have Charles and Baxter back

1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

We have played probably 5 or 6 games more than anyone else this year probably took affect with the amount of injuries with it being Jan and feb .
May be only positive will be if it goes to play offs we will have s few back we seem to have at least 5 out all season at one time or another.
Luck will hopefully change when it counts at the tail end 

I hope you're right but from where I'm looking most games we get an injury, or sending off/suspsension, so by the time the play offs come round we might be looking back at this time with envy!  Seriously, no guarantee whatsoever things won't get worse before they get better, especially with 2 games a week.