Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bristol Rovers (A)

burnden

1 minute ago, Arrested development said:

Much better second half. Deserved win. 

Apart from the first 5 minutes when they had 4 chances. Dunno what to make of that - delighted for the win, but the performance wasn't anywhere near our best.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Arrested development said:

Much better second half. Deserved win. 

Looking at the match stats; at half time, we'd had 58% possession.

The same source had them having had 53% at full time.

That's quite a swing, and perhaps shows a nuanced change of approach or maybe benefiting from an opponent coming out a bit more.

• Site Supporter

Lovely three points that. 

tough conditions, stood up and defended very well when asked. Scored a lovely goal, Baxter back commanding it. 

shout out  Thomason not getting booked with that mon today. 

what’s not to like. 

coywm

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

Apart from the first 5 minutes when they had 4 chances. Dunno what to make of that - delighted for the win, but the performance wasn't anywhere near our best.

No, but it was good enough, and we were still looking for another in min 98, kept a clean sheet and (touch wood) no further injuries.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Baxter’s save off the line turning point 

He was class today. Didn’t look like he’d been out for as long as he’d had. We’ve missed him so much. 

Reckon my pint is looking good too, with that Barnsley defeat today 😊🍺

Coleman never let anyone down but we dont win that game without Baxter......Dion in for Bod as soon as he is ready

Good win they used the wind better than us, but quality paid in the end

I feel sorry for the Gas fans who are basically laughing at their inability to score - now a club record-equalling drought.

They aren't a great team but we had to defend like the Alamo, blocking shots, throwing in tackles and even clawing the ball off the line so it's not like they weren't trying. Must be torture for the fans.

For us, onwards we go, praying that Derby fuck up and trying to get ahead on GD before they play an already relegated Carlisle on the final day. I just hope our performances pick up.

4 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Coleman never let anyone down but we dont win that game without Baxter......Dion in for Bod as soon as he is ready

Good win they used the wind better than us, but quality paid in the end

Dion in for Bod not for me at this point 

Don't know how you can change the front 2 whilst we are winning and in the last 2 games they've scored 6 between them 

4 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I feel sorry for the Gas fans who are basically laughing at their inability to score - now a club record-equalling drought.

They aren't a great team but we had to defend like the Alamo, blocking shots, throwing in tackles and even clawing the ball off the line so it's not like they weren't trying. Must be torture for the fans.

For us, onwards we go, praying that Derby fuck up and trying to get ahead on GD before they play an already relegated Carlisle on the final day. I just hope our performances pick up.

Each to their own. Couldn’t give a toss. 

Fantastic result after a quite poor performance, opposite to the general theme, but definitely welcomed.

Derby and Pompey have won many games playing poorly and it's a good sign.

Jerome gets some stick but for me since Barnsley away he's been a real impact player of the bench.

Wycombe away wasn't it when he came on and won a penalty for us too to seal the game?

Hopefully we will get a favour from them against Derby.

Can look forward to a massive game on Saturday, Pompey could seal promotion with a win. Let's pack the stands and do everything to beat them. They are long overdue a defeat and we can beat anybody at home, no fear.

COYWM.

Edited by Lostock Whites

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, 1969 said:

Dion in for Bod not for me at this point 

Don't know how you can change the front 2 whilst we are winning and in the last 2 games they've scored 6 between them 

I could perhaps understand it away- we had less possession today, and maybe Dion's aggressive pressing and running may have helped.

At home, we're doing well as it is. 

7 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Fuck The Gas.

Onwards & upwards.

13 minutes ago, desperado said:

He was class today. Didn’t look like he’d been out for as long as he’d had. We’ve missed him so much. 

Reckon my pint is looking good too, with that Barnsley defeat today 😊🍺

Gladly buy you one🍺