Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

9 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I find it unsuprising that the only film I couldn't get through this year was Bank of Dave - utter dreck - and Bolty loves the fucker.

Dave's a Burnley prick. He was a prick when he first hit the headlines and I bet he still is.

19 hours ago, Traf said:

Dave's a Burnley prick. He was a prick when he first hit the headlines and I bet he still is.

5 hours ago, globaldiver said:

He seems to have a lot of good?

I assume you're saying he's done a lot of good?

Highly likely, but the two statements aren't mutually exclusive.

On 06/03/2023 at 00:33, Underpants said:

Fall on Netflix.

If you enjoyed the claustrophobic and hopelessness atmosphere of The Descent (2005) then I reckon you'll enjoy the vertigo and same hopelessness of Fall. Similar cast and storyline. A loss of someone close has our main character languishing in mourning for a year. Her best friend persuades her to get back on to the free climbing horse and climb a very tall transmitter mast in the middle of a desert. A couple of things made me mark this film down. One was that a active transmitter mast would not be left to be in such a unkept state (yes, I know it's a fussy gripe but my H&S side kicked in). The other was the feet's of exceptional superhuman strength that our main characters possessed. But some of this was somewhat explained later on. The ending was a tad disappointing too. Take away my minor criticism and you have a tense ride for the majority of the film.

Watched it last night, seen worse films, 6/10 plus another 1 for the cleavages and fine arse on the dark haired girl

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Went to the pictures to watch What's Love Got To Do With It? With the kids

Awful, Richard Curtis-lite rubbish where no-one in London needs an actual job but still live in these amazing houses.

Doesn’t seem to be having much of a run, that. Down to a single afternoon showing this week already at our Cineworld. 

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Doesn’t seem to be having much of a run, that. Down to a single afternoon showing this week already at our Cineworld. 

Was oddly really busy at our Vue for an afternoon showing thought wed be the only ones in there. Wanted to watch that Champions, but only had one showing.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

All films are rubbish nowadays. Discuss.

Not all, but in general aye.

Too many all made around choreographed violence, guns etc.

Quite enjoyed the water diviner recently- some violence, but done in a minimalist way and only appertaining to history.

Not a new film, but fairly recent.

I'd also add that it's perhaps a feature of getting older that films are too often seen as rather dull. :)

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Love Everything, Everywhere. Watched it a few times now as you need to to get everything.

A family story wrapped with brilliant creativity, humour with some great performances really glad it won best picture.

I must admit to finding it good to look at but a bit tedious.

I liked the butt plug bits the best

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Tedious, yes in parts.

I’m always wary of films that win loads of Oscar’s, tend to have an over-inflated sense of art for arts sake.

Crawley will disagree but he’s a massive fucking whoopsie who wears crushed velvet and smokes cheroots. So he can fuck off.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’m always wary of films that win loads of Oscar’s, tend to have an over-inflated sense of art for arts sake.

Crawley will disagree but he’s a massive fucking whoopsie who wears crushed velvet and smokes cheroots. So he can fuck off.

Don't bother paying attention to awards ceremonies. Potential for closed shop mutual masturbating sessions.

Just thought it was slightly over the top in its off the wall portrayal of a woman struggling to manage life, love and business.

Prefer a gritty, British approach myself.

But hey ho, the lovies will love it.

15 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Love Everything, Everywhere. Watched it a few times now as you need to to get everything.

A family story wrapped with brilliant creativity, humour with some great performances really glad it won best picture.

Watched it tonight and can see why it got gongs. Allegorical sci fi isn't my usual bag but I enjoyed it - humour throughout and the Hollywood ending wasn't too gooey. Decent entertainment and it was good rather than great IMO - but TBF the overarching concept is a difficult one to capture in a movie (it took them 12? years) whereas if it was a book everyone could visualise their own screenplay and so might have been more satisfying - but it wasn't a book so there was nothing to be disappointed about. (Some great books in a similar genre make crap films e.g. The Illustrated Man or The Magus)

Different story, different genre, Chinese rather than Korean I know but there were undertones of the first Academy Award Asian cast film, Parasite. Definitely worth watching both.

On 06/03/2023 at 00:33, Underpants said:

Fall on Netflix.

If you enjoyed the claustrophobic and hopelessness atmosphere of The Descent (2005) then I reckon you'll enjoy the vertigo and same hopelessness of Fall. Similar cast and storyline. A loss of someone close has our main character languishing in mourning for a year. Her best friend persuades her to get back on to the free climbing horse and climb a very tall transmitter mast in the middle of a desert. A couple of things made me mark this film down. One was that an active transmitter mast would not be left to be in such a unkept state (yes, I know it's a fussy gripe but my H&S side kicked in). The other was the feet's of exceptional superhuman strength that our main characters possessed. But some of this was somewhat explained later on. The ending was a tad disappointing too. Take away my minor criticism and you have a tense ride for the majority of the film.

Both girls had great tits.