Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Davies In England Squad

Zico

Well that result is one way to bring back the World Cup memories. Just couldn't take our chances and mainly a frustrating non tempo performance.

Well done to Davies, thought he did well, got involved and set up 2 chances for Rooney and Barry, put in a decent cross and a nice ball down the wing to A.Johnson also.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

I think that may very well be Davies's only cap, unless there's a lot of injuries in the next game. At least he has a cap for all his great efforts and work for his club and didn't let himself down at all.

How that ref didn't see that handball is beyond me.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

I think that will be the only time to see SKD in the three lions IMO, proud as fook to have seen it and he let no one down.

Think i agree! Well deserved genuinly am chuffed as fook for him think we need to let him know how proud we ae of him on sat when he plays at the reebok!

Kev was spot on tonight and if he'd intentionally elbowed that gimp in the throat he wouldn't have got up the cheatin foreign prick.Did himself and the whites proud tonight and the game came alive when the substitutions where made.Should have happened at half time coz that stick insect was gash.Thought "Bubba" wright-phillips had a good game too.

Kev was spot on tonight and if he'd intentionally elbowed that gimp in the throat he wouldn't have got up the cheatin foreign prick.Did himself and the whites proud tonight and the game came alive when the substitutions where made.Should have happened at half time coz that stick insect was gash.Thought "Bubba" wright-phillips had a good game too.

Really?, i thought he looked like a bewildered Barnado's kid - with roller skates on.

Spot on there mate, I really hope the pundits don't dwell on the fact that SKD got booked and start saying "we knew he would"

Inevitable!

Yep

"Capello gave a first England cap to Bolton's 33-year-old striker Kevin Davies, the country's oldest debutant for 60 years, and while he gave a lively cameo which also included a booking, there was no way through and Wembley vented its frustration at the end"

My link

Glad he got the credit for livening it up a bit though - Crouch was woeful.

Crouch might have been woeful but Rooney was anonymous .... again ..... and Glenn Johnson is stealing a living.

And why is Gerrard duplicating Barry's role in front of the back four ?

No creativity at all. Johnson on the wing is the one bright spark, and even he faded.

Well done SKD. Proud of him. Did what was needed from him.

SWP had a great game when he came on, he ran at them and shit em right up. SKD muscle created three chances but gave two SOFT free kicks away that the WHUFC loving press will pick on. I'm proud as :)

Guest bwfcdan
t was Crouch's final contribution as he was replaced by Davies after 68 minutes, the veteran receiving a rousing reception from the Wembley crowd.

He certainly did :)

Proud as hell last night for SKD and all fellow Wanderers to see him run onto the pitch wearing the 3 Lions.

He did well and flicked a few headers on which proves he is a good target man unlike Crouch. It's just a pitty he didn't come on at half time as other have already mentioned Crouch was utter gash. I just wish that header which Crouch fluffed had fallen to SKD.

The trouble is now though that there are at least 2 other strikers ahead of him so I wouldn't expect him to be in the squad next time round. Still, he didn't do anything wrong and would be worthy of another outing.

Keep the faith.

• Site Supporter

i think i was more nervous than skd himself.

how was his 1st touch not a free kick?

how is feeling where the defender is a free kick, the defender didnt go for the ball, so got caught?

inches away from a goal when the keeper came and smothered.

plus set up at least one chance.

well done big man! drinks.gif

Think his reception proved that while he might get a lot of stick from opposition supporters, they'd rather he was on their side than against them. I was genuinely made up by that. Did well under difficult circumstances. He's never going to come on, flick the ball over his head and volley it into the top left - but he did set up three decent chances in 20 minutes. Given a little longer, he could have been the difference. Will he get another cap? He should, but I doubt he will. But the one he has got will look mighty good on his mantlepiece! Well done KD!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.