Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

My lad went to the Salford City game and said that they played really well today. How does the play off work? Home and away legs presumably but where is the final hosted? It's wierd thinking that they are potentially only two promotions off league status

Final played at the highest finishing side..

Finished 1-1 with a late equaliser from Salford City. Advantage Halifax FC

If you're off to the second leg, give the Grayston Unity pub and let me know what it's like! Been meaning to go there and that restaurant doing Sunday roast burritos in Halifax for yonks

Was going to go last night but only had a chance to nip up on my dinner for tickets.. They don't take cards so had to give it a miss. The ground looks very nice though which was what I wanted to see really. There was a few there it's incredible what they've done. Be interesting if they go up again.

I'd be surprised if they go much bigger even with climbing into the league. Can't see more than 2-3k being interested on a regular basis.

Telling tail was when half the ground emptied on 80 mins last night... 0-1 in a PO semi... It's not as if 2k generated much traffic they needed to beat

To be fair they've found 2000 fans in two years. Give it ten years and kids growing up with them then will be prob get more commitment. If the Nevilles stay that long.

I believe it could build to around 3-4k regularly if they climb into league 2. There is a real buzz ever since the new owners got involved. A mate of mine is writing the official history of the club and it is fascinating listening to some of the stories of the old times. Back in the 80s, when he started watching them, the crowds were that small that he knew them all by name

good friendly for colls against stockport

what a set of twats their fans are though

still think they're a league club

I'd like them to go up. They have had it rougher than any sets of fans I can think of

I believe it could build to around 3-4k regularly if they climb into league 2. There is a real buzz ever since the new owners got involved. A mate of mine is writing the official history of the club and it is fascinating listening to some of the stories of the old times. Back in the 80s, when he started watching them, the crowds were that small that he knew them all by name

My old man used to take me when I was young lad. 10 minute walk for us to the ground can't remember it but wouldn't have imagined more than 50 folk on in those days

Talking to my mate last night, she's watched salford for years but she's jacking it in next year, pissed off with Neville and his cronies.. changing the colour of the kit to Uniteds, turning it into their plaything and now edging volunteers out. Hijacked the club. Scholes comments on the old fans showed that though. She got really pissed off when I said they'd created a club, she said there was a club already there but they destroyed it. Was interesting angle on it.