Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Joe Riley

Carlos

Yes Joe Riley made a good start to his career today. I've seen him a few times in the reserves and thought he was a good player in the making. But let's not get carried away. Anybody remember Steve McAnespie.

Yes Joe Riley made a good start to his career today. I've seen him a few times in the reserves and thought he was a good player in the making. But let's not get carried away. Anybody remember Steve McAnespie.

I remember him and his mates in ritzy, tried hitting on a girl i was with so I said

"do one and go learn how to play football you shit jock cunt"

at that point one of his goons came wading in and well lets say, anewman remained unbeaten

Fucking good debut from the lad. Seen it a few times before in similar positions. Hopefully yon mon will be the real deal!

Todays performance was top drawer.

Considering the amount players we havent put from academy to first team Jo should definately be taking a massive positive from todays start. Id like to see him start a few int future!

COYWM!

Fucking good debut from the lad. Seen it a few times before in similar positions. Hopefully yon mon will be the real deal!

Todays performance was top drawer.

Considering the amount players we havent put from academy to first team Jo should definately be taking a massive positive from todays start. Id like to see him start a few int future!

COYWM!

after todays showing he has earned a start at west brom

He did very well today - just hope he can keep it up!

Remember the same hype over Dean Holden, Nicky Hunt, Joey O'Brien and Chris Basham! Hope he turns out better than them obviously!

He was in same form as my sister at Walkden High School. Claim to partial fame :thumbsup:

As long as he doesn't start dressing like Ali G, DJing in town and parking any one of his collection of supercars outside the ground on matchday then I'd imagine he'll get less stick than Hunt.

Will be interesting to see how he fares against an orthodox winger/wide midfielder rather than a striker in future though.

Looked promising today though.

Writing's on the wall for Steinsson.

• Site Supporter

Funny thing about his debut was that his first taste of action involved him getting barged off the ball by one of the Stoke bully-boys. He just shrugged and made sure it didn't happen again.

Top player; he'll go far, hopefully at Bolton.

• Site Supporter

Lad did well, now lets hope we have a left back somewhere as well

Oh aye, Robinson must have been shit because all of stoke's goals came down his side.

He was guilty of over-hitting a couple of passes. A massive improvement on recent games by just about every player on the pitch. Why don't we have a go at embracing the positivity instead of continually looking to out the weakest link?

• Site Supporter

riley did ok, but kinell, calm down abit.

he wasnt playing against any form of winger and was given space to get forward now and again.

his passing was beyond awful, most of the time, and didnt get forward anywhere near enough for me. (maybe that was a little self controlled though.)

he can cross a ball, but id rather he didnt do it from the halfway line.

the 89mins in a 5-0 win will do him the world if good, and twas a nice touch by coyle to allow him to receive a standing ovation.

Edited by HomerJay

I remember him and his mates in ritzy, tried hitting on a girl i was with so I said

"do one and go learn how to play football you shit jock cunt"

at that point one of his goons came wading in and well lets say, anewman remained unbeaten

Why is it when I picture you, I think of Begbie from Trainspotting? :-)

Remember the same hype over Dean Holden, Nicky Hunt, Joey O'Brien and Chris Basham! Hope he turns out better than them obviously!

He was in same form as my sister at Walkden High School. Claim to partial fame :thumbsup:

Exactly...A great start, but let's see him a few more times before we get carried away & raise expectations too high.

He's a full back, so should be judged on his defensive abilities which haven't really been tested yet.

Has he dicked her? If so, he gets the captains armband for me :roll:

• Moderators

thing is, it can only be good for the club

lad will be flying today

he'll be telling his mates that its easy and they'll all be wanting a taste

we've got a few knocking on the door and it could be exciting times ahead

• Site Supporter

What a great debut, loved the way he covered over to the left when Stoke broke and Robinson was struugling to get back, I hear he is from Boothstown and brought up as Bolton fan and has been at BWFC since he was 9.

That'll do for me.. A white from manure territory :good:

Missed the match due to commitment in Exeter, but great result and debut young Trotter Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.