Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Joe Riley

Carlos

• Moderators

Born 13th Oct 1991 according to Wikipeado.

The day after we lost 2-0 away at Stoke. Don't remember it but I'm sure I went.

It was sandwiched inbetween 2 games I do remember, a Roy Keane inspired Forest dicking us in the League Cup (Rumbelows Cup?) and a 3-0 defeat at home to Fulham, when a minibus full of their fans might have got bricked :whistle:

Tue 08 Oct NOTTINGHAM FOREST H League Cup L 2-5 Burnden Park Nottingham Forest won 9-2 on aggregate

Sat 12 Oct Stoke City A League L 0-2 Victoria Ground Table

Sat 19 Oct FULHAM H League L 0-3 Burnden Park Table

Edited by Carlos

Born 13th Oct 1991 according to Wikipeado.

The day after we lost 2-0 away at Stoke. Don't remember it but I'm sure I went.

It was sandwiched inbetween 2 games I do remember, a Roy Keane inspired Forest dicking us in the League Cup (Rumbelows Cup?) and a 3-0 defeat at home to Fulham, when a minibus full of their fans might have got bricked :whistle:

Tue 08 Oct NOTTINGHAM FOREST H League Cup L 2-5 Burnden Park Nottingham Forest won 9-2 on aggregate

Sat 12 Oct Stoke City A League L 0-2 Victoria Ground Table

Sat 19 Oct FULHAM H League L 0-3 Burnden Park Table

Is this leading to something??

I reckon it will be Xmas before the fuckwits on here and elsewhere start complaining he is not world class.

no mate, you can see he is class

composed on the ball, can whip in a decent cross, can put a good ball down the line, likes to put a tackle and can sprint the width of the pitch to stop a counter attack from a corner

he made just the one error when he misjudged a header be wheater covered him superbly

just got back from scotts, top atmosphere in there, forgotten what the atmosphere was like when you win. much debating of the lad riley, his presence i think maybe raised the game of some of the others around him. new lad's playing and we're experienced pros, let's help him type of thing. the lad grew as the game continued didnt seem to tire and as he's one of our own it makes it even better. well done lad and a deserving standing ovation on his departure.

Joe did fantastically today

Reminds me, dare I say it, of a young Nicky Hunt when he came through

Let's not build him up too much just yet though eh.....he was a little naive at times and I'd like to see him find the short ball and mix it up occasionally rather than just whip the ball in

More to learn but great start young man.....let's just keep expectations realistic as Stoke were shite!

just got back from scotts, top atmosphere in there, forgotten what the atmosphere was like when you win. much debating of the lad riley, his presence i think maybe raised the game of some of the others around him. new lad's playing and we're experienced pros, let's help him type of thing. the lad grew as the game continued didnt seem to tire and as he's one of our own it makes it even better. well done lad and a deserving standing ovation on his departure.

Try the REEBOK....Great atmosphere in there too!!!

Joe did fantastically today

Reminds me, dare I say it, of a young Nicky Hunt when he came through

Let's not build him up too much just yet though eh.....he was a little naive at times and I'd like to see him find the short ball and mix it up occasionally rather than just whip the ball in

More to learn but great start young man.....let's just keep expectations realistic as Stoke were shite!

On that note what release fee should we stick in his new mega bucks contract ?15m - ?20m?

Think the lad will end up at one of the big european clubs.

• Site Supporter

Lad looks very good as I stated after Macclesfield game :roll:

Based on some reasonable reports after that game I was a bit surprised he didn't make his league debut earlier. He set up Tuncay's goal against Mac didn't he?

It's a shame Steinsson has blown 'em as I remember reading about his hard work and determination to get himself a contract with us (think Gudni was involved too).

Time and tide though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.