Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

WBA 2 Wanderers 1

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

Roker park away end was, indeed, colder that any Oldham game I've attended; even the snow-covered one. I think it may have been something to do with the wind blowing straight in from the North Sea.

The coldest I've been has been on east coast grounds, & I've frozen on the open end at Roker,at Hartlepool & at Hull ,until i learnt to put loads of layers on. The one that caught me out one year was Norwich, which I assumed would be warmer with it being closer to the equator, but had exactly the same bastard cold, east coast wind.

Guest bwfcdan

Stuck on the god awful temporary scaffolding stand at main road, absolutely pissed it down all game. Frozen by the second half. Plus we were shite, lost 2-0. One of Campo's early games, he looked like a Sunday league player, never thought i'd one day think of his as a football genius...

Even though recently we've followed a win with a loss, I just don't think we'll do similar this time after we got revenge for a game that could be an excuse for our poor form since April.

We'll not get a better opportunity to turn things round after banishing the memory of Wembley, however if we lose then for me it'll show we can't get any confidence from a win, if we win or even draw, then it will go a long way to show that we have erased the past and can get points more consistently rather than just 1 win in the middle of 3 or 4 losses.

WBA 0-2 Bolton

I really don't think football will give WBA the points, the story is Bolton lose 5-0 to Stoke, go on a shocking run, they meet Stoke for the first time and win 5-0, the run ends, Bolton start to pick up points, they'll still lose games, they'll still be performances that are poor, but the 5-0 revenge was the catalyst for a turn-a-round.

Who were we playing first time in the Premier, midweek match - and fecking freezing...

All the Paddock spontaneously started bouncing up and down for warmth - was it Leeds in the cup?

aye was leeds in cup.

also remember norwich in league cup when we lost in a shoot out being a chilly one.

coldest ive been away has got to be ayresome park as a kid.was actually in tears,only warmed up when supa john nodded in the winner.

Roker park away end was, indeed, colder that any Oldham game I've attended; even the snow-covered one. I think it may have been something to do with the wind blowing straight in from the North Sea.

Aberdeens ground is the same, when the blows in from the North Sea

Edited by tyldesley_white

aye was leeds in cup.

also remember norwich in league cup when we lost in a shoot out being a chilly one.

coldest ive been away has got to be ayresome park as a kid.was actually in tears,only warmed up when supa john nodded in the winner.

Sunday game live on ITV? Remember thinking why have I gone freezing my bollox off when I could have watched from the comfort of the pub

Sunday game live on ITV? Remember thinking why have I gone freezing my bollox off when I could have watched from the comfort of the pub

yes it was on the telly,me and my old man drove up in his clapped out bedford van! think the orange ball was out that day?

When you were a kid? Good Lord, I feel old. I was working in the pub that afternoon, half watching the game. Then some of the team came in when they got back, for the discie! :thumbsup:

Sunderland 29th December 2007; stood in the queue for the bus back to the park and ride - so bloody freezing even the locals were zipping their coats up! :roll:

Some of the nights on the away end at Pompey before they put the roof on, and wind whistled in from the Solent...if I'd had to take me "Alan Green Wanker" tshirt off like the stewards wanted me to, I'd have perished :(

Guest bwfcdan

Sunderland 29th December 2007; stood in the queue for the bus back to the park and ride - so bloody freezing even the locals were zipping their coats up! :roll:

Some of the nights on the away end at Pompey before they put the roof on, and wind whistled in from the Solent...if I'd had to take me "Alan Green Wanker" tshirt off like the stewards wanted me to, I'd have perished :(

4-1 win? Worth it :good:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.