Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spurs 3 Wanderers 0

Guest bwfcdan

2-1 to Bolton

Spurs will go 1-0 up within minutes via Gareth Bale but then he'll get injured in a rash challenge by Steinsson.

So we'll be down to 10 men yet again ?

And yet still win ?

Away to Spurs ?

I'd be happy with that.

I just don't believe it.

:drinks:

I've always gone to away games with the thought that i'd be delighted with a win, but happy with a draw. Now i'd be delighted with a draw & just relieved if we don't get humiliated again. I can't see any way we can win.

In today's parlance I'd park the bus, play five in midfield & just try to stop Spurs playing. If Spurs don't score we get a point...hurrah. Unfortunately I expect we'll play open football that plays into Spurs' hands, & after their first goal , the game will be over as a contest & just a matter of how many Spurs score.

I hope i'm wrong.

So we'll be down to 10 men yet again ?

And yet still win ?

Away to Spurs ?

I'd be happy with that.

I just don't believe it.

:drinks:

No... Steinsson isn't getting sent off, it's just a hard challenge. Bale will land funny on his left wrist and break it. I have foreseen it. (actually, I dreamed that it was me playing against him but I guess we'll have to make do with Steinsson) :drinks:

hope they defend like they did last night i thought the only team that played in white and defended that badly was us just goes to show on the day

owt can happen say all you want about their attacking flair but they could'nt break down 10 men for an hour so fuck em let em earn respect dont just give it to em

No... Steinsson isn't getting sent off, it's just a hard challenge. Bale will land funny on his left wrist and break it. I have foreseen it. (actually, I dreamed that it was me playing against him but I guess we'll have to make do with Steinsson) :drinks:

Steinsson won't even play remember OC loves him - not. Boyata is supposed to be fit for Satday.

hope they defend like they did last night i thought the only team that played in white and defended that badly was us just goes to show on the day

owt can happen say all you want about their attacking flair but they could'nt break down 10 men for an hour so fuck em let em earn respect dont just give it to em

Come now. Surely you're not entertaining the thought that OC can get our 11 (or 10, or 9 if it's a really bad day) to defend solidly for more than 2 minutes.

I'm afraid your last comment is more likely ...... we'll "just give it to em".

:blink:

• Moderators

Premiership Sa 23Oct 2004 Tottenham 1 - 2 Bolton W

Premiership Sa 01Nov 2003 Tottenham 0 - 1 Bolton W

my god, those were good days out :)

:good:

was present at both

8 years ago

fook me, seems like yesterday

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.