Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Top 10 Cities In The World

there were about three pubs and one of them wife and sister places, how bad was hinckley

Was a few years ago

According to the locals, the posh place to go was either a wet ere ions or yates', can't remember which

We went for a Thai, the locals thought it was Chinese; they served the main in clay plant pots, marmalade as a dip, tea towels on the tables as serviettes

Odd place

Where is your normal holiday destination? You one of these long haul types?

Agree with your points on Niagra - I went when I was 13/14 and thought it was going to be in the middle of nowhere and was gob smacked at how built up it is round there. Think it spoils some real natural beauty.

Generally do European cities with bigger holidays every few years.

We tried the beach holiday on crete t'other year and hated it.

Lanzarote etc always seemed like hell on earth to me.

If you're used to package deals to some identikit canaries/Mediterranean resorts then Orlando must seem magical.

If my kids want to do disney when older we're off to Anaheim it's miles better.

Really? i've had the misfortune to visit all 3 Disneys,and i thought L.A. was the shitest.

Cities/Places i have enjoyed are -

San Diego

Boston

Prague

Las Vegas

Dubai

Singapore

Barcelona

Paris

Palma

Amsterdam

Munich

My tuppeneth

Cities I've been to and enjoyed for different reasons - nightlife, architecture, history, friendliness of the locals, sights, vibe, ale, value for money, food, etc...

In no particular order

Helsinki

Berlin

Budapest

Ljubljana

Prague

Barcelona

Madrid

New York

Rome

Stockholm

Edinburgh

Krakow

Generally do European cities with bigger holidays every few years.

We tried the beach holiday on crete t'other year and hated it.

Beach holidays aren't my thing either but I can think of worse holidays. I tend to get bored within a day and just get hammered. Usually why I would go all inclusive as a get out card.

Edited by Walkden26

Beach holidays are an excellent idea if you've a stressful job and just want a week of doing nothing at all.

I don't mind the occasional beach holiday but it has to vary everyday - if its sat on the beach from sunrise to sunset I can't be doing with it but if you chuck in a couple of days to go and explore the place you have gone to then it makes the holiday much more tolerable.

Lanzarote has a lot to do. Not sure the same can be said about places like Benidorm, but I stand to be corrected.

Had a very good holiday in a rented duplex apartment in Lanzarote a few years ago. Hired a car and drove around the island. Was amazing at some of the sites to be seen. Scenery is awesome in places. The same can be attributed to Gran Canaria if you make the effort to go out and explore the island.

Marrakech is a decent city to visit.

St Petersburg - riding around in a Lada.... no better place in the world to enjoy the experience!!

Toronto is fookin' marvellous and I'm half tempted to go there again quite soon.

Cape Town was good, but preferred Camps Bay just outside. Again though CPT is good to explore from.

Budapest is a great place to visit. Good restaurants. Sights, things to do.

Rio - not been but parents have travelled a lot around the world and list this very very highly.

Cairo - has the Nile, Pyramids, museum, etc - surprised nobody listed it!

London - starting to like the place now I've grown up a bit.

Hamburg is quite a nice quaint place as well.

Lisbon & Seville both good cities to visit.

Leicester - Filbert Street.... and err, presume the Walkers Crisps factory???

Edited by Smiley

• Moderators

Lanzarote has a lot to do. Not sure the same can be said about places like Benidorm, but I stand to be corrected.

Had a very good holiday in a rented duplex apartment in Lanzarote a few years ago. Hired a car and drove around the island. Was amazing at some of the sites to be seen. Scenery is awesome in places.

up timanfaya

the 'moon'

• 10 years later...

London - 2days max

Berlin -  loads to do

Amsterdam- people watching 

Paris - was brilliant,  loads to see . 

Florence- architecture 

Cairo - way to dodgy now a-days , was worth going for the museum and pyramids. 

Bucket list - Barcelona for the cathedral. 

On 11/01/2012 at 00:01, jeep said:

My tuppeneth

Cities I've been to and enjoyed for different reasons - nightlife, architecture, history, friendliness of the locals, sights, vibe, ale, value for money, food, etc...

In no particular order

Helsinki

Berlin

Budapest

Ljubljana

Prague

Barcelona

Madrid

New York

Rome

Stockholm

Edinburgh

Krakow

I'll now add the following - 

Seville 

Lisbon

Palma

Bologna 

• Members

Buenos Aires

It has everything. And it’s utterly fuckin lawless, no cunt is running that gaff other than some fat gangster.

Paris was great albeit a bit filthy but some great sites, including seeing a woman near Norte dame curling out a shite in the side street pulling up her jeans and cracking on.

Marrakesh, mental utterly mental, couldn’t live there but I loved it. Get into the centre, watch snake charmers, monkeys, go around the souks and medinas, a Royal Palace.

8 minutes ago, L/H White said:

going to belfast on a stag do this year, so my trip prob different from the time you spent there :D

I only passed through with work, I’ve been over many times for long weekends, mainly the boxing. It’s a great city, better than Dublin in my opinion. There’s numerous troubles tours that you can do if you get time.