Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coppers At Footy

HomerJay

• Moderators

It's pretty fucked that we as football fans need to pay indirectly for policing that we as (council) tax payers have already paid for, 20 years ago they were charging £250 a man so I guess that's doubled now.

You have to draw a line somewhere, seems reasonable that that should be land the football club don't own i.e. Elland Road itself. Or do we have to pay for policing across the whole city? At the Reebok, over into Madlington and Chorley. Should Man U fund the policing of every pub showing its games across the world?

It's a cash cow for coppers, an OT perk with jolly boy's outing following the bad boys across globe chucked in.

• Moderators

sounds like the police have been charging for

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-18965193

dont agree with this at all

surely the club should have to pay for policing?

even if it is outside the stadium walls

depends on how far away the police are charging for

if for example it were the reebok, the club shouldn't have to pay for any police on chorley new road / beehive / traffic lights at tesco

whelan had a similar gripe at wigan, presuming it got resolved the same way as he didn't carry out his threat to quit

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2005/mar/07/newsstory.sport3

Seems security has gone OTT ............. until you actually need it.

Coudn't understand what the stewards at Hamilton were up to though : sit here, don't sit there; use these stairs, don't use those stairs. It was an identikit modern stand FFS.

Stops them twiddling their thumbs and getting bored, I guess.

Edited by Rembrandt

The majority of people attending a Leeds match will already reside in an area "policed" by the West Yorkshire force and therefore there's actually little justification for raising a fee for the match. It could be argued that if 3 dickheads are creating a problem in a pub: 2 coppers will attend and the pub landlord will not get a bill, whereas a 30,000 crowd at Elland road won't get 20,000 coppers. The bigger the crowd, the smaller the ratio of police to fans which makes policing a game far more cost effective.

which force are do we reckon are the worse?

for me I took a good few uncalled for(ish) cracks by a Derbyshire policeman whilst he had hold of my collar...

Remember the police at Barnsley being bang out of order after that night game when Blake missed ten million chances...

which force are do we reckon are the worse?

for me I took a good few uncalled for(ish) cracks by a Derbyshire policeman whilst he had hold of my collar...

Remember the police at Barnsley being bang out of order after that night game when Blake missed ten million chances...

west yorkshire

I've been led to believe that for football matches in Madrid the police are bussed in from other regional forces...

Dunno why they then had their faces covered with scarves and badge numbers taped over tho'

Oh aye, perhaps so they could kick the shit out of all and sundry indiscriminately, without repercussions.

To be fair, I don't think it was an 'Eeengleesh Peegs' thing either - the naughty boys fighting am.onst themselves in the Atletico end seemed to take a few lumps as well...

A coppers are bastards, or turn a blind eye to bastardly behaviour by their fellow bastards.

I can't believe no-one's quoted Ding Dong Dave...

Edited by Youri McAnespie