Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Forest 2

Ratwhite

We played poorly against one of the top teams in the division and got a point.

If we get some form we can still get out of this league.

Again we couldn't win the ball back, only got it back when they missed shots. No pressure on the ball at all.

You talk some shite

Unlucky tonight. Delighted to hear Coyle losing his temper when I got home... he loves Bolton and (regardless of how good a manager you think he is) it's nice to be reminded of that!

Don't worry about Mears... Riley is the best young right back in the country.

Eagles is a strange one. He's either slightly disappointing or unplayable! The former isn't too much of a price to pay for the latter imo.

Andrews should be competing with Mavies for the attacking midfield role. There are goals in him and second half he took the attacking role by the scruff of the neck and we battered em!!! ... with a 'sitter' in there with Andrews and a settled back 4 and Ngog back to contest tuther 3 strikers we should be able to get into a position where we can challenge.

Mills is slow so needs to win things before he gets turned... Wheater needs to get back soon and Ream needs a recall imo

Edited by Arnold Jackson

IMO it was a huge improvement from derby and Burnley. Would love to know the stats for passes and crosses compared with Tuesday.

However with said improvement comes the risk of being a bit more knackerd at the back as Ricketts and Mears were involved a lot more which showed a little. As we got more tired (and nervy) we relied a little more on the direct route which is fair enough.

Fair play to forest though, far better than I expected and there formation made it very difficult to set up against.

Not bringing on petrov for lee was criminal. Lee was knackerd. As was Ricketts.

All things told some good performances, Andrews looks a shrewd signing, Chungy getting better, Knight hit and miss, Mears utter dogshit, Ricketts in wrong position, Mills well less said the better, and finally the only good thing Coyle brought from Burnley is Eagles, all the rest can fuck off.................... before anybody accuses me of negativity, ask yourself why clueless plays two right footed players on the left, leaves a natural left footed player on the bench, oh and as fans we all appreciate SKD and his efforts over the years, but it is blatantly obvious he is nothing other than an imact sub,why is M Davies being deployed in a 442, and finally, what does having a group of mates sat next to him benefit Coyle, because from what I saw fuck all help was forecoming from them, Coyle and his goons are stealing a living, I am sick of saying this, but I always hope Gartside reads this forum, and realises the fact we need Coyle, but no more need for his Burnley goons.

Edited by DomRepWanderer

Had time to think about the match now but the question that I still can't find an answer to is why persisit with 442 and more confusing, why not bring on our best crosser of a ball Petrov when the game was screaming out for him.

Coyle has to see what we do, so why not change the obvious.

Just be be contrary, I thought Mears showed signs of improvement last night. He got into some dangerous areas, and if we'd had a striker attacking the 6 yard box, his crosses would have been good.

Mills looks a liability to me at the moment. Surely he can't be as slow as he looks? I'm going to reserve judgement for a while.

We were very lucky to go in at HT at 1-1. If Forest had a decent striker they'd have been out of sight.

We were much, much better in the second half yet despite how well we were playing when we went 2-1 up and Sordell should've made it 3-1, we always looked vulnerable at the back.

Positives: Sordell breaking his duck for us. Eagles playing well again - he'll be in the Championship XI at the end of the season YHIHF. Knight again looking pretty dominant. Most importantly though, it looks like Coyle has finally listened to someone. Bogdan always looking to roll the ball out, the full-backs also passing the ball to the midfielders rather than bypassing them.

Negatives: Mills's aimless hoofs to no-one. Mark Davies piss-poor and anonymous again. Andrews and M.Davies as a pairing doesn't work.

All in all a far more entertaining game and a far better performance than it was on Tuesday night ... but alas 2 less points. I think it's fairly safe to say that Forest are a considerably better team than their rivals though. I think last night was a timely reminder (especially after Tuesday) that there are some half-decent sides in this league.

Edited by DazBobParr

Think we will get better, forest were nothing special and were their for the taking. lack of organisation stopped us winning 3 r 4-1. same problems as last year, the frustrating thing is we have nothing to fear in this league. but if the powers that be don't tweak the defence and midfield we won't go up. best players tonight andrews and rickets.

Just be be contrary, I thought Mears showed signs of improvement last night. He got into some dangerous areas, and if we'd had a striker attacking the 6 yard box, his crosses would have been good.

Mills looks a liability to me at the moment. Surely he can't be as slow as he looks? I'm going to reserve judgement for a while.

No point

Its irrelevent how someone actually plays

Opinions have been formed and they wont be changed

Good or bad

• Site Supporter

4 points from the opening games isn't great but its not the point total but the manner of the points total for me.

We've played well for about 45 of the 270 minutes so far this season, again his signings appear to be wank and he still... Fucking still!!!!! Doesn't know his best 11.

Long hard disappointing season in store. Fact

4 points from the opening games isn't great but its not the point total but the manner of the points total for me.

We've played well for about 45 of the 270 minutes so far this season, again his signings appear to be wank and he still... Fucking still!!!!! Doesn't know his best 11.

Long hard disappointing season in store. Fact

Oi fuck off you ain't allowed to be negative on here remember