Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who Do We Want?

Spider

Vote for the next manager of BWFC  

495 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Watching that Football League Review after MOTD, the post match interviews - it's like they've been playing managerial musical chairs. Are we to join in? Appointing McCarthy we would be, there also seems to be this viewpoint that someone going in ranting, raving (not in the E'd up sense) and kicking soft arses into touch is what's needed - and big Mick fits the bill. It isn't and he doesn't.

Haven't those with a 'proven track record' of getting teams promoted also got a 'proven track record' of relegation, or flirting with relegation? Off hand I can't recall anyone getting a side up then leaving (other than Bruce Rioch).

I think it's pretty irrelevant anyway, given our track record on appointments, I'd hazard a guess that it'll be another 'old boy'/in-house or someone else who's already acquainted with Gartside (a la Megson). Someone who's 'face fits' at boardroom level has seemed as important as footballing qualifications in the past.

Who we want and who we'll get are two separate issues, I voted for Hierro - I would also like to win the Euromillions this week. Winning the lottery is the more likely to happen - and I don't even do it so...

• Moderators

Who we want and who we'll get are two separate issues, I voted for Hierro - I would also like to win the Euromillions this week. Winning the lottery is the more likely to happen - and I don't even do it so...

True dat. We want Jose. We'll end up with Joe.

• Moderators

I wish these people who want OGS would explain why they want him ffs.

"hes done really well in Norway"

"he did really well as man utd reserve team manager"

"hes young"

waiting to hear anything else

to be fair, it'd be no different really than any of the following appointments which have all proved to have varying ranges of success:

Paolo Di Canio at Swindon

Gus Poyet at Brighton

Roberto Martinez at Swansea

Di Matteo at MK Dons/West Brom

Brendon Rogers at Reading/Swansea

Brian McDermott at Reading

yeah, you can wheel out examples where unknowns didn't work, but you can wheel out plenty where experience counts for cock all

if they show promise, which you'd presume those above did, then it's not always a bad move to go for upcoming and unproven

http://www.oddscheck...rmanent-manager

oliver howitt and david williams at 1000/1

say who now??

jimmy philips at 80/1 could be worth a cheeky quid.

if he get a couple of games and wins both, you never know.

Some 'funny' blokes who've backed themselves? Hilarious, the nights must fly by...

I thought it was that shit comedian at first glance, no more ludicrous than Diego Maradona

Edit: I'm bloody sick of being fingered by you No Balls, you could at least...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

...I think it's pretty irrelevant anyway, given our track record on appointments, I'd hazard a guess that it'll be another 'old boy'/in-house or someone else who's already acquainted with Gartside (a la Megson). Someone who's 'face fits' at boardroom level has seemed as important as footballing qualifications in the past...

I hear that Phil Brown is definitely a name being seriously considered for the position which if true I can say I'm Suprised at that.

I've never wanted to be categorically and unequivocally wrong, with a post I've made, as much as I do now. :(

I thought I'd Google him, check out his record...Anyway, I accidentally typed in "Nicky Melons" and the results were shocking and not fit for opening in work ;)

You're quite right: she's filthy.

Of course, I only looked at her so I could verify your post.

• Site Supporter

Although I wouldn't like him as the manager,

I've struggled to understand the dislike for Browny from Bolton fans.

Every time we've seen him in Bolton he has been nothing but friendly and very approachable.

I couldn't care less what happened at Hull.

cassie loves him

literally