Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Millwall 1

stevieb

Shittu was written off as too slow from day 1 here. There's no doubt about it, he is slow as fuck ... but that bald Egyptian fella who plays at the back for Brighton is even slower I reckon ... yet both Millwall and Brighton seem to be able to cope with a lack of pace in their defence as do many other sides.

I wonder why it always seems to be highlighted so much for us?

Agree with Jules though, Jackett (and Shittu) will certainly be hoping that K.Davies plays up top on Saturday

Edited by DazBobParr

No pay on the day. This could reduce the amount of them as i think they have to be a member for away tickets and many still refuse to sign up. Probably means there'll be a loads just on the piss who dont end up going to the game

There is never pay on the day with Millwall away from home. Every single Millwall away game is all-ticket.

You have to be a member of the club and can only buy tickets this way.

Many tickets however are purchased by members and passed on for the high profile games.

1000 is a fair amount for a club who do not generally travel in anything like those numbers for a 200 mile+ trip.

There is never pay on the day with Millwall away from home. Every single Millwall away game is all-ticket.

You have to be a member of the club and can only buy tickets this way.

Many tickets however are purchased by members and passed on for the high profile games.

1000 is a fair amount for a club who do not generally travel in anything like those numbers for a 200 mile+ trip.

That was just what i was told, looks like i was told a load of shite!

Shittu would walk into our team at present, I'm afraid.

He wasn't that bad a signing IMO.

Couldn't have played many more than Sordell's managed

Effects of lack of pace can be minimised if a defender can read the game. Gudni Bergsson, for one.

If the defender can't read the game, he needs pace to get out of trouble.

So where does that leave our defenders ?

No storming run into the play-offs. 1-1. 16,561

Was that not Mark Fish?

Something has always stuck in mind about Gudni keeping up with Owen in a foot race. For some reason I've got it in my head it was running towards the byline inbetween the goal and the corner of the north stand and west stand.

Sliding tackle right in front of ESL....one of the ebst tackles Ive ever seen.

The night we beat em 1-0....

Don't remember ever beating them 1-0 int prem

Remember the tackle, mind

• Moderators

Shittu was written off as too slow from day 1 here. There's no doubt about it, he is slow as fuck ... but that bald Egyptian fella who plays at the back for Brighton is even slower I reckon ... yet both Millwall and Brighton seem to be able to cope with a lack of pace in their defence as do many other sides.

I wonder why it always seems to be highlighted so much for us?

Agree with Jules though, Jackett (and Shittu) will certainly be hoping that K.Davies plays up top on Saturday

aye, in the championship

not sure how they'd fare in the PL against pace and skill combined, not too well I'd imagine

though always thought Shittu was alright

same with Helguson, though that was mainly to do with how high he could jump