Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cov Are In Proper Shite.

leigh white

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what sort of attendances they could be looking at playing there, it was hardly packed for games at Ricoh apart from that JPT Semi.

It was rumoured that we were going to play at Maine Road for a few games when they thought the Reebok wasnt going to be finished in time wasnt it? What a ballache that would have been.

What's gone on with them? Have Ricoh done them over, have they been run terribly or a combination?Northampton only holds 7000. It'd be the equivalent of us playing at Bury. I'd feel sorry for them but I remember a dad and daughter rubbing the 5 1 in my face outside the ground so I hope the two of them are enjoying this.

What's gone on with them? Have Ricoh done them over, have they been run terribly or a combination?Northampton only holds 7000. It'd be the equivalent of us playing at Bury. I'd feel sorry for them but I remember a dad and daughter rubbing the 5 1 in my face outside the ground so I hope the two of them are enjoying this.

Bury with the main stand shut, at that!

they never owned the Ricoh and were only tennants, iirc they needed attendances on 20k+ to cover the rent and bills etc.

obviously that never happened.

I wonder what sort of attendances they could be looking at playing there, it was hardly packed for games at Ricoh apart from that JPT Semi.

It was rumoured that we were going to play at Maine Road for a few games when they thought the Reebok wasnt going to be finished in time wasnt it? What a ballache that would have been.

At the time it would have probably been easier to get to Maine Road from Bolton than to Horwich

Was that the game were Keith Branagan tried to do a couple of step overs on Noel Whelen, only to succeed in tripping him and conceding a penalty?

Was that the game were Keith Branagan tried to do a couple of step overs on Noel Whelen, only to succeed in tripping him and conceding a penalty?

Unlikely, because in my mind Branny never put a foot wrong.

#evenbetterthanAlHabsi

Marcus Jones MP is calling for the commons to block Coventry moving to Northampton. I'm hoping to be proved wrong but he doesn't seem to be proposing any alternative. Sounds like token vote winning gesture. Northampton are going to redevelop their ground this season as well. You'd hope they're not closing any stand to do it, nice bit of revenue for ticket touts

Edit sorry he's asking the football league to oppose it. I can't see them being arsed, didn't stop Brighton or Wimbledon

Edited by Ghana White

That was the game Jiminiho proved he knew how to finish. Cracking effort.

they never owned the Ricoh and were only tennants, iirc they needed attendances on 20k+ to cover the rent and bills etc.

obviously that never happened.

Could there be some brinksmanship or arm wrestling going on here?

Imagine the rent is pretty steep. Is it market rate?

Cant be that high when the potential tenant list equals one

Edited by jayjayoghani

Surely the finger of blame could be pointed at Jimmy Hill if we try hard enough.

Northampton Saints ground holds just short of 14,000, much nearer the size of ground needed IMO.

There is a way back though. Twenty years ago Brighton were battling to say in the League and playing their home games at Gillingham, look at them now.

Northampton Town have just been granted permission to extend Sixfields so that it will have a capacity of 10,000 (currently around 7,000, I believe.) And this in a town the size of Bolton with no local rival within 20 miles. Pitiful.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/politics/exclusive-cobblers-and-council-strike-12m-deal-to-expand-sixfields-1-5245529