Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Packing In Smoking

Breightmet Boy

Had a e-cig, shite and gave it away. I've worked out I can smoke 20 a day. Lambert & Butler are £7.45p a packet = £2,652.20p a year. That's it, I'm packing in for good, I've got twelve left and after the last one that's it. Anybody else fancy packing in and no telling lies, see who's got the most willpower?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

I'm on 14 months without now, and for all the nicorettes/patches I tried before with no success, this attempt was based due to similar figures you just posted and served as inspiration to keep going, nopatches no e cig just stopped and counted the money on this http://smokefree.nhs.uk/quit-tools/calculate-the-cost/ and calculated the health benefits day by day with this http://whyquit.com/whyquit/a_benefits_time_table.html each one of them was a target coupled with the money saved in a tin and before i knew it I'd done two week and had a few quid spare

it's fucking hard at first but you just need to steel yourself to it if you're serious

good luck

Had a e-cig, shite and gave it away. I've worked out I can smoke 20 a day. Lambert & Butler are £7.45p a packet = £2,652.20p a year. That's it, I'm packing in for good, I've got twelve left and after the last one that's it. Anybody else fancy packing in and no telling lies, see who's got the most willpower?

£7.45 x 365 =£2719.25

Good luck. Done it several times over the last 40 years. Longest period I ever smoked was only 3 years though. Tis all willpower in the end, same as dieting, laying off the booze or getting back into shape. If you want it enough you will do it.

Cold turkey. Every fucker I know who has managed to quit has been this way.

Best of luck BB.

That's how I did it after many failed attempts.

It sounds daft but the best advice I can offer is to enjoy it. Get a buzz out of the fact that you're getting healthier everyday and know that the withdrawals are temporary. They're nowhere near as bad as people make out once you've got your head around how they work. In fact, they're so negligible that they don't even wake you up when you're asleep.

Go for it, best of luck and it will literally be the best decision around your own future health you have ever made!

£7.45 x 365 =£2719.25

I never had LW down as a mathematical genius! :-)

I'm sure I read somewhere, that stats "prove" that you are less likely to succeed quitting smoking without some type of nicotine replacement therapy.

I used the E cigs and they worked for me, 21 months without a cigarette now - piece of piss.

I'm still on the e-cigs but still smook a few real cigs when I'm out on the lash.

I've turned a £200 per month habit into a £70 habit.  I also feel a lot healthier and don't cough at all in a morning.  I'm happy with that.

• Site Supporter

6 years 8 months. Patches at first but I'm convinced it's more to do with mindset that nicotine coursing through your veins

I still have moments where I could kill for a ciggie but always temper that with the thought that I've wasted 6 years and besides, I ain't going into a shop paying 6 or 7 quid on 20 cigs.

I'm sure I read somewhere, that stats "prove" that you are less likely to succeed quitting smoking without some type of nicotine replacement therapy.

I used the E cigs and they worked for me, 21 months without a cigarette now - piece of piss.

just cant spell

got a O level in maths and one in geography

That's not true. You are more likely to successfully remain nicotine free at 24 months by cold turkey than by any other method. I know that because I work for the NHS and part of my job is smoking cessation.

in.

last packet today. promised my missus id give it ago, again.

Fair play to the smokers who try and quit, it's the ones who don't try and say stuff like "I like smoking" even though it wastes money and it's killing them overtime, dirty habit, should be banned imo. but obviously won't, financially and people will go nuts.

Fair play to the smokers who try and quit, it's the ones who don't try and say stuff like "I like smoking" even though it wastes money and it's killing them overtime, dirty habit, should be banned imo. but obviously won't, financially and people will go nuts.

but I do enjoy smoking.

Fucking loads.

But have you ever been down A&E at 2am? Least cancer chancers aren't kicking off with medical staff.

What about all the burger and pie eating fat cunts?

:lol: Carlos, I think we could go on a while with this, all the way down to a grain of rice.