Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 2 Bournemouth 2

superjohnmcginlay

3-0 Juke first goal.

Get out, and get at them.

I actually fancy us for this one, it'll be my first dry game of the season as well, so I really hope we put in a performance, I can't be doing with the recent shite sober.

I'm having a drink, it'll be easier

An exciting, end-to-end game of fast, free-flowing Barcelona style football that will be enjoyed not only by both sets of fans, but any neutrals watching, and will leave Sky's reporters purring with pleasure over the skill, talent, effort and sheer footballing beauty on show.

Wanderers 0 - 1 Bournemouth (Trotter o.g.)

There'll be no neutrals watching. If I was neutral I wouldn't watch this shite.

You're going to fucking hate it, like myself and Gonzo do..

Add me too, Traf.

But I'll be checking the result from Heathrow.

Reminds me of 1994 - on way out to Oz on the night of the replay at Goodison. Checked with brother before boarding : 2-2 going into extra-time. Tried to get a steward to have a word with the captain for the result, but no-go. Had to race around Singapore airport to find an English-language paper : headline on sports page - 'Everton knocked out'. Great start to a holiday, and back in time for the replay at Highbury. Happy days.

Seriously, if we don't win he has to go. I've stuck by him for as long as possible...but 2 home wins by February after the worst start in 111 years, a 7-1 thrashing, no plan, shape or commitment most of the time etc etc?! He should go regardless, but the backlash tomorrow will be similar to Megson's last game against Hull if we lose. You can't fool all of the people all of the time, Doug.

• Moderators

Seriously, if we don't win he has to go. I've stuck by him for as long as possible...but 2 home wins by February after the worst start in 111 years, a 7-1 thrashing, no plan, shape or commitment most of the time etc etc?! He should go regardless, but the backlash tomorrow will be similar to Megson's last game against Hull if we lose. You can't fool all of the people all of the time, Doug.

see, i've made no secret that i'm in for the long haul but its this i don't proper understand

what if we win 3-0

is it just gonna play out week by week

before each game

'if we lose tomorrow he has to go'

if theres a long game being played out, results shouldn't affect davies and garty

fwiw if it was just about results i'd think he would've been gone by now

I think the case against him staying is overwhelming already, I just think a failure to beat Bournemouth at home will and should force the issue. If we can't win tomorrow then we really are starting to look like a team on the way to relegation. Which, for this squad, not withstanding its deficiencies, smacks of a plot totally lost...and for that, the manager has to carry the can.

see, i've made no secret that i'm in for the long haul but its this i don't proper understand

what if we win 3-0

is it just gonna play out week by week

before each game

'if we lose tomorrow he has to go'

if theres a long game being played out, results shouldn't affect davies and garty

fwiw if it was just about results i'd think he would've been gone by now

There's always a tipping point