Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1 Hour 25 Minutes

globaldiver

• 3 weeks later...

Fucking chaos today round Manc. Got stuck on the Sharston by-pass off the M56 near Wythenshawe. Massive flood/puddle - up to the bottom of the car door. Hadn't heard about the Mancunian Way - 3 hours to do about 5 miles to get home. Grim

1 hour from the Trafford Centre to Monton last night was bad enough but not that grim

I do Leeds to Worcester most weeks.

If I set off dead early say half 4 can be there for not long after 7 in morning. If I leave at half 4 in evening lucky to be back before 10

M1 is just road works m62,m6,m56, m5 just shit.

Awful this morning

If they hadn't have fucked the roads, started the Misguided Busway (finishing "late summer"; when is that?), commenced a 3 year project on the M60 and electrified the rail at the same time, there might have been some capacity once the Mancunian Way went down

Edited by boltondiver

Anyone regularly drive bolton to Warrington? If I leave bolton at 6.30 am I likely to be driving less than an hour?

Likely?

Depends which way you go

Avoid the M61.

If you can't avoid the M61, then it will be difficult

Don't forget also that the Metrolink is fucked, the Cheshire Set can't get beyond Deansgate so have taken to driving in. Which is why the car park I would use is fucked, apparently.

Walk through the Great Northern from that tram stop and it's only 10 mins to your office at a light pace