Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Our punters club football bet had Inter as the final leg of a multi. If you haven't seen it, try and see the last 10 minutes of actual play. Talk about fucking dramatic!

Some ending that. I imagine a few emotions on that game ha. 

21 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yeah, its always amusing when its punished.  With the naked eye, a huge percentage of goals are scored in this way, Fulham's winner v Rotherham last night another.  Same with the modern trend of leaving players on the edge of the box to have a free pot shot, again absolutely loads of those goals scored every week.  Last night Wolves only had 10 men and Brentford still decided not to mark the player on the edge, who then scored easily. 

Yup. It's a manager/coach ego thing. Poundshop Peplings

They'll get praised to the heavens for playing pretty football when it goes right

There's also little to no accountability for dog shit defending & fuck ups caused fannying about with it with the - " Oh, They're just trying to play football the right way" get out :D

Edited by deeane Koontz

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Those limbs when Bristol scored at West Ham.

Carnage 💦💦

Yeah, that's what the cup's about, along with the Maidstone story and the Tyne-Wear derby atmosphere, etc. Annoying when folk say "but we won't win the FA Cup" as if that's a reason not to be arsed with it.  Those Newcastle/Bristol City/Maidstone fans will remember this weekend for donkeys years, having memorable moments is what its all about, not just walking round Wembley with a cup, or securing 15th place in the championship for the 4th year running (in Bristol's case).

31 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yeah, that's what the cup's about, along with the Maidstone story and the Tyne-Wear derby atmosphere, etc. Annoying when folk say "but we won't win the FA Cup" as if that's a reason not to be arsed with it.  Those Newcastle/Bristol City/Maidstone fans will remember this weekend for donkeys years, having memorable moments is what its all about, not just walking round Wembley with a cup, or securing 15th place in the championship for the 4th year running (in Bristol's case).

Best cup comp in the world. 

• Members
17 hours ago, tomski said:

Some ending that. I imagine a few emotions on that game ha. 

Kinell! That was an amazing end. You couldn't script it.

See that the old lady somehow managed to dig out a win again. My relatives over there are crying over their 'mulinyana' over the perceived injustice. They are encouraged by the last couple of performances though. Miracle escape on the cards again?

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Kinell! That was an amazing end. You couldn't script it.

See that the old lady somehow managed to dig out a win again. My relatives over there are crying over their 'mulinyana' over the perceived injustice. They are encouraged by the last couple of performances though. Miracle escape on the cards again?

Bangers finish.

Think Inter will run away with it this time but can see a Juventus title in the next few years sadly. They do seem to be slowly improving/fluking as time goes on. Surprised by Verona’s position as the little I’ve seen they look decent and Josh Doig is getting rave reviews.

• Members
11 minutes ago, tomski said:

Bangers finish.

Think Inter will run away with it this time but can see a Juventus title in the next few years sadly. They do seem to be slowly improving/fluking as time goes on. Surprised by Verona’s position as the little I’ve seen they look decent and Josh Doig is getting rave reviews.

Spot on with Verona. They just can't score! Mullered Fiorentina away and lost 1-0 (I still don't know how). Lost at home to Salernitana. Same story. Surely they will start picking points up somewhere?

Of course the Napoli contingent of the wife's family are having a horrendous season but take great joy in Verona struggling. Goes all the way back the the "cholera, cholera" chants when this happened

https://www.jstor.org/stable/44543319

The Campanese derby coming up soon should be fascinating.

Yes, agreed. Said at the start of the season Inter with the only serious challenger being Juventus. Just that nagging feeling that Agnelli's men will find a way. Hope not as Inter deserve it.

15 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

I doubt they’ll lose sleep

we need out too 

This cup feels so hollow, everyone falling over themselves to get out of it early apart from us

I don't see how we don't get to the semi final minimum based on the fact that we want to more than most. Only at 1 game from Wembley stage will it feel like the match is being treated seriously by both sides.