Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Unbelievable Newcastle and Wet Spam. Thought WH's game management was piss poor though. Made me laugh when that dickhead commentator was awarding Gordon MOTM completely oblivious to him being sent off as he was speaking.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Bayern strugglingĀ 

Pleased Alonso is staying at leverkusen. Hopefully stops Bayern buying half their team.Ā 
Ā 

Dortmund played well tonight.Ā 
Ā 

3 wins and theyā€™ll be new champions. Losing again to hoffenheim but turned into another win

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Had the game on the radio- sounded like our performance on Friday.

Keep doing the same thing, with no variation.

Trust the processĀ šŸ˜€

It was bloody awful - mostly played at a pedestrian pace.

• Members
4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Trust the processĀ šŸ˜€

It was bloody awful - mostly played at a pedestrian pace.

Borefest. Two teams determined not to lose rather than looking to win.

It was only boringĀ  to some people because Arsenal were set up to defend excellently. i didn't know Arteta had that skill in him. It was a fine achievement to go away from home to the world's most expensive squad in a huge match for them and keep a clean sheet.
Ā 

4 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:
It was only boringĀ  to some people because Arsenal were set up to defend excellently. i didn't know Arteta had that skill in him. It was a fine achievement to go away from home to the world's most expensive squad in a huge match for them and keep a clean sheet.
Ā 

I thought that was United?Ā 

Well onto more important things, do we feel that Derby are going to poop the party and win at Pompey? I just have this horrible feeling that they will. Portsmouth arenā€™t great shakes really despite their lofty position and have had serious good luck with flaky wins. In fact even a draw for Derby would for me put them out of our reach. We need the stars to align for us today to keep the excitement going but we seem to have had little or no luck at all this season and could really do with some today. ā˜¹ļø

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:
Ā 

It leaves them 2 points behind. Maybe they lacked ambition which will cost them?

Similar to us on Friday, a win would have kept up pressure on Derby.

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Which, after Liverpool's victory seemed the worst thing to do.Ā 

Nah, a loss for either team would've been catastrophic for their chances of winning the title.

It was shite to watch but fully understandable from their point of view.