Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

26 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Haha. I think they're the side I'm most drawn to out of the two. But I'm yet to see either play. 

St. Johnstone looks like a decent day out too. 

Perth’s alright for a drink. Ground is out of town though eh a bit. 

Raith and dunfermline decent for summat different. Decent enough for a drink before and after and train home. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Perth’s alright for a drink. Ground is out of town though eh a bit. 

Raith and dunfermline decent for summat different. Decent enough for a drink before and after and train home. 

Speaking of Raith, heard they signed Goodwillie and it's gone down like a lead balloon 

Because of his rapey past 

Which i get, but the way they were going on it sounded like he'd been brought back to Scotland from some faraway league where he'd been lying low 

But turns out he's signed from Clyde 

Is it just Raith that don't like him, or all of Scotland, and did he get grief at Clyde?

• Members

I think it’s a corner to the opposition a bit like if you throw the ball from a throw in into your own net 

Only reason I this is the throw in one happened to Peter Enkleman at Villa and they gave it as a goal when it should have been a corner 

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I think it’s a corner to the opposition a bit like if you throw the ball from a throw in into your own net 

Only reason I this is the throw in one happened to Peter Enkleman at Villa and they gave it as a goal when it should have been a corner 

They didn't give the goal because they didn't know the rules,  they gave it because they thought he'd touched it. 

The ref was on trial by twenty tv cameras and I reckon whichever way the decision had gone it would have led to a talking point in the studio. 

• Members
Just now, MickyD said:

They didn't give the goal because they didn't know the rules,  they gave it because they thought he'd touched it. 

The ref was on trial by twenty tv cameras and I reckon whichever way the decision had gone it would have led to a talking point in the studio. 

So you’re telling me he was able to see him brushing it with his studs from 40 yards away and rules that as a goal?

im saying he dropped a bollock

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

So you’re telling me he was able to see him brushing it with his studs from 40 yards away and rules that as a goal?

im saying he dropped a bollock

That's how it was claimed. It was all bollocks. We all knew, watching telly,  it wasn't a goal,  the commentators and the pundits knew it wasn't a goal but the ref and linesman decided he 'might' have touched the ball with a stud so gave the goal. 

• Members
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

That's how it was claimed. It was all bollocks. We all knew, watching telly,  it wasn't a goal,  the commentators and the pundits knew it wasn't a goal but the ref and linesman decided he 'might' have touched the ball with a stud so gave the goal. 

I had absolutely no idea when watching it I thought it was legit until years later. 

By the way who’s scoring an own goal from a direct freekick ffs 

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I had absolutely no idea when watching it I thought it was legit until years later. 

By the way who’s scoring an own goal from a direct freekick ffs 

Could be passing back to the keeper and he misses it?

9 hours ago, Zico said:

Speaking of Raith, heard they signed Goodwillie and it's gone down like a lead balloon 

Because of his rapey past 

Which i get, but the way they were going on it sounded like he'd been brought back to Scotland from some faraway league where he'd been lying low 

But turns out he's signed from Clyde 

Is it just Raith that don't like him, or all of Scotland, and did he get grief at Clyde?

Aye had to Google it when i heard about it. I'm guessing it snowballed because it was one of their famous fans spoke up on social media and it being directly on the back of rapey Mason. Have they unsigned him yet?

20 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I’ve got a couple of good mates who are Celtic fans. We just agree to disagree on their club. And I would quite happily knock fuck out of them both at a game 😂. Then be mates again afterwards 

Got invited to European game a few years ago by a Celtic fan I worked with they were playing Inter Milan (3-3) enjoyed the match & atmosphere but the most impressive memory was the 2k Inter fans & the noise they produced.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just read about the USA playing Honduras yesterday. 

Players in gloves etc and even balaclavas. 

Two Hondurans needed to be subbed as they were suffering the effects of cold.

It was -16⁰C!

Been colder at the Reebok

5 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Semi Final of the AFCON. Cameroon v Egypt at the Olembe Stadium Cameroon.

Looks about 50% full.... why? Thought it'd be packed.

I've heard ticket prices are really high, but also maybe some restriction on crowd after the crush the other day perhaps?

When the camera goes pitch level, look at the state of that surface its a disgrace!

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I've heard ticket prices are really high, but also maybe some restriction on crowd after the crush the other day perhaps?

When the camera goes pitch level, look at the state of that surface its a disgrace!

The footy is shite though.

Odd individual like Salah, Mane etc but there’s still an element like that loon who kicked the ball away from the free kick that time.

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, desperado said:

Have there ever been a worst set of pens than those from Cameroon, my goodness they were shocking!! 

Especially the last one. I half expected Peter Kay to shout, “‘av it!”

Edited by MickyD