Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fa Cup Or Outside Chance Of Playoffs

Mr pickwick

5 more games to win more than every team above us with 19 left is a mountain to climb and with Liverpool losing tonight they'll be all out for a result at our place for Captain Fantastic last season, they'll really want that FA Cup now. But if we beat them that'll really piss on their chips, I'd enjoy that :)

If we had a fully fit squad then I think we'd be closer to the play offs now and would have a really good chance. And Lennon would probably have rested players for cup games.

As it is we're robbed of all our creative players any of our strikers who can run and are therefore not going to get past Liverpool or get close to the play offs. Personally I'm just hoping we don't get dragged back into a relegation fight. We shouldn't but then if we play many more games with just old men and Wilkinson up front that is what will happen.

I think I'm missing something!

At an average 2 ppg is it still mathematically possible to hit the play offs?

A defeat & the pessimism starts, beat the Dogheads Saturday & is it back on again?

I think February will tell us exactly which way it's going to go.

The longer we're in the Cup the harder the Play-offs will be.

Anyway, still on for a 90point season :)

No reason why play offs couldnt be achievable with a couple of further additions; if I remember right we were 4th bottom on 1st Feb two seasons ago when we lost to Watford and ended up tossing play-offs on last day. If we'd won last night we'd have been 10th and in the shake up.

Irrespective of last night's result, the sheer fact we could have ended the evening in the top 10 is a fair indicator of the excellent work going on.

We were due a bad day at the office. Shit happens.

Its how we recover from it that counts.

31st Jan & the rest of Feb is massive.