Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Liverpool 2

Happy Wanderer

• Site Supporter

Proud of all of them, Mills put a real shift in up top - fair play to him. I think the bench summed it up - if they were fit, they played.

Reading 1 or 2 of the papers though I'm surprised we actually played. It's all about how the thieves kept missing chances etc.

At least we can make a couple of changes for Saturday and freshen things up. Bolton are back

Can't understand the media's ridiculously unfair bias, willing Gerrard's last match to see him winning the FA cup, and with the penalty saying Clough dived, over and over again. there was contact , unlike when Sterling continually dived and fell over, but strangely no mention of that. So proud of my team tonight. Great effort, Onward and upward.

What a fucking night....stuck in traffic so arrived 20 mins after kick off...then the bin dippers mugged us ...then when I woke up this morning I had a parking ticket from middlebrook on my screen ....parking in a disabled space .......all the fucking shops were shut when I got there...twats...........great night...

• Moderators

Funny game. They hit the post quite a few times. Eidur should of put us 2-0 up.

10 men who had run their socks off all night, always thought there was a goal coming.

Glad it didnt go to extra time, players were on their arses.

Proud of the lads and the fans

We need a decent end to the season and the club need to get a plan in place to shift as many season tickets as possible for next season

Marketing team (if we have one) need to get their plan in place now

Edited by Horwich

Had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Gutted we didn't hang on but was glad they finished us in normal time as it did look like they would smash us in ET. Thought at the time, and watching back this morning, Trotter was lazy not chasing Sterling back. Personally thought Danns could've seen red for his first challenge. It was reckless and his foot was off the ground. Some heroic performances from our boys. Let's hope there's not another "Rotherham" hangover when we travel to Derby.

YSB

Edited by Smiley

I am surprised so many people are happy to lose, Bolton giving 100% effort should be a bare minimum and being well organised shouldn't be that much to ask. the fact it's been a rarity since Sam Allardyce left speaks volumes of the 4 poor managers before Lennon.

Negatives - we lost and are out of the cup.If Danns hadn't lost his head i think we'd probably have got the 1-0.I think Danns is the culprit rather than Eidur missing a half chance to put us 2-0 up.I think we'd still have got knocked at 2-0 with ten men.

Positives - Lennon is our first manager since Allardyce who can organise a team to attack/defend and give 100% effort.

- Clough has been the most impressive youngster emerging since McAteer

- Vela is finally showing the quality he showed in the reserves 3 or 4 years ago, the delay in his career has been down to 2 shite managers before Lennon imo.

If Lennon stays and gets 3 or 4 seasons out of Clough and Vela we'll be promoted and stay up as sure as eggs are eggs.Whether he stays or not is up to Davies providing the finances.

I took my 10 year old lad the pain on his face took me back to 1976 when Everton knocked us out in the semi-final you forget how battle hardened you become after 40 years watching Bolton felt so sorry for him he didn't speak a word all the way home. Anyhow got to get him battle hardened while he's still young.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Who is happy to lose ?

People have said if it went to extra time with 10v 11 we could have lost by 4 or 5, which is true.

No one is happy we lost except Ryan and the usual armchair managers who are only happy when we lose.

Great battling perfomance yet again. The players gave everything. Mills ran himself into the ground. The sending off, Eidurs header and Trotter going to sleep cost us the game. We came close though which is amazing when you look at the players we had missing. Neil Lennon is taking us places.

And the scouse cunts and media can fuck right off moaning about Clough going down for the penalty. He got caught you blind twats. Sterling was constantly diving but don't mention that eh.

Hope Palace do them #justice.

I am surprised so many people are happy to lose, Bolton giving 100% effort should be a bare minimum and being well organised shouldn't be that much to ask. the fact it's been a rarity since Sam Allardyce left speaks volumes of the 4 poor managers before Lennon.

Negatives - we lost and are out of the cup.If Danns hadn't lost his head i think we'd probably have got the 1-0.I think Danns is the culprit rather than Eidur missing a half chance to put us 2-0 up.I think we'd still have got knocked at 2-0 with ten men.

Positives - Lennon is our first manager since Allardyce who can organise a team to attack/defend and give 100% effort.

- Vela is finally showing the quality he showed in the reserves 3 or 4 years ago, the delay in his career has been down to 2 shite managers before Lennon imo.

If Lennon stays and gets 3 or 4 seasons out of Clough and Vela we'll be promoted and stay up as sure as eggs are eggs.Whether he stays or not is up to Davies providing the finances.

No one saying we're happy to lose but with a skeleton squad a centre forward upfront and 10 men for a 1/3 of the game to lose like we did is honorable, the rest I agree with.

Great battling perfomance yet again. The players gave everything. Mills ran himself into the ground. The sending off, Eidurs header and Trotter going to sleep cost us the game. We came close though which is amazing when you look at the players we had missing. Neil Lennon is taking us places.

And the scouse cunts and media can fuck right off moaning about Clough going down for the penalty. He got caught you blind twats. Sterling was constantly diving but don't mention that eh.

Hope Palace do them #justice.

The press are in it to sell papers, to tell fans what they want to hear and not necessarily what happened. The Beeb did pick up on the deflected 2nd goal what dipped and Clough getting clipped as he went through, that's the difference between the gutter press and class

Nobody was happy to lose. And nobody should be blaming any one Bolton player for anything. As a team we came incredibly close against all odds but it wasn't to be. We'd have done it at 2-0 though. And I agree I think we'd have done it with 11 on the pitch but still who knows we might have still been done by tiredness.

I don't think it is the organisation that is different, Lennon has got belief into those players in the same way Rioch did and they now believe they can do anything and will play in anyway they can to get things done. They are buying into it and performing above themselves.

As for Davies providing the finances he's put over £100M into the club over the last 14 or so years and I suspect it is now someone elses' turn to support the club financially. I think he's done his time and had his fill. Which given he's invested more than everyone else in history combined is fair enough.

Very proud of the white but came away a bit disappointed.

The cause of that disappointment?

The fucking part time wankers who upped and fucked off as soon as Liverpool scored their second.

After the effort the team put in tonight and you couldn't stay another five minutes!

Cunts, the lot of them!

This, with bells on!

The mass exodus from round our normal seats in WSL when they equalised was embarrassing. We're drawing with five minutes to go plus injury time, with the potential for another half hour and penalties and you leave?

Pathetic. Glory hunting bastards, don't bother coming next time.

Edited by Spoooonsnake