Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Thing is with Clough - with all this shit we've been going through - there was a small albeit irrational portion of my brain which thought we might (even in League One) be able to rebuild around the kids with Zach Clough and Josh Vela leading the charge. Now that one candle in the darkness is about to be extinguished. It never rains but it pours. Batten down the hatches lads - I've got a feeling this is going to get extremely uncomfortable!

This is where I was at.  I was hoping any of the consortium's would have stepped in and keep the wolves from the door until the summer.  Then once we saw another load of high earners leave the door come summer we could start to progress forward with the kids and challenge the play-offs in Div 1

Has Clough gone to Bristol then?

Bad move for him

I thought he didn't fancy it

I'm not sure he had much of a say in it.

Local lad, comes through the academy, looks to be a future star, goes to what will be seen as a smaller club.

Happy Sunday everyone. This is not going to be a pleasant ride, is it?

• Site Supporter

I think the fact people are disagreeing is the fact that not one of us knows what's going on. Too many people are suggesting they do but the fact is they don't. Everyone wants to have their say and try and defend this and defend that. What can we honestly do....fuck all.

And we'll get nothing from the club. And if we do it will be a distortion of the truth

It looks like the club are trying to do all the can to avoid administration, I know some have said that want us to get it over and done with and go into admin, but we have to try and avoid this at all costs.

We're going down no matter what, that's obvious, but we do still need to try and do it without administration. Losing control of our ground would be catastrophic, and that is a very real possibility if we enter administration

And we'll get nothing from the club. And if we do it will be a distortion of the truth

Exactly. They've lied a few times in the past and treated us as mugs. They is clearly dodgy shit been going on that they're trying / tried to cover. Anyway it'll all come out in the wash you'd think! I don't believe a word they say.

It looks like the club are trying to do all the can to avoid administration, I know some have said that want us to get it over and done with and go into admin, but we have to try and avoid this at all costs.

We're going down no matter what, that's obvious, but we do still need to try and do it without administration. Losing control of our ground would be catastrophic, and that is a very real possibility if we enter administration

But didn't Leeds do something similar and were seen as trying to avoid the points penalty as they knew they were down so they slapped another penalty the next season. If the club don't come clean to the league this could well happen.

But didn't Leeds do something similar and were seen as trying to avoid the points penalty as they knew they were down so they slapped another penalty the next season. If the club don't come clean to the league this could well happen.

I think they got slapped with another points deduction (15 for the following season in Div 1 to add to the 10 the previous season in Championship) due to the way they came out of it rather than trying to avoid admin.

I still think that if we can avoid the points deduction that administration brings, even with losing some of the high earners this window, the right man in charge of the remaining team could keep us up.

Unfortunately we don't have him.

I think they got slapped with another points deduction (15 for the following season in Div 1 to add to the 10 the previous season in Championship) due to the way they came out of it rather than trying to avoid admin.

Sorry, what I meant was if we don't come clean to the authorities and by trying to avoid when it is impossible to avoid they may take a dim view of it. Not that I know whether it is avoidable or not and it would appear no one else does either, it was just a thought.

• Site Supporter

Has Clough gone to Bristol then?

Bad move for him

I thought he didn't fancy it

Agree with this, could still end up in league one next season. The club have shown their hand by accepting three million, reckon plenty of other, (more attractive) clubs might show an interest if he turned brizzle down