Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Have you been hiding in a cave recently?

We're losing £900K per month, nobody wants to buy the club, we're not paying players  -  we might have no choice but to sell.

Do you suggest the board are in a position to turn down a bid that can keep the club afloat for another month?  -  or should we refuse to sell and then just go into administration (which would mean the club not getting any of the money)

Out of interest, how much do you think they should hold out for?  -  £10M maybe?

So basically selling our best prospect player in years for covering a loss of money a month? That 750k isn't really going to do anything to help our debt situation, so we're best keeping Clough. Selling him for basically nothing isn't going achieve anything.

So basically selling our best prospect player in years for covering a loss of money a month? That 750k isn't really going to do anything to help our debt situation, so we're best keeping Clough. Selling him for basically nothing isn't going achieve anything.

Best keeping him? You don't get it. The club need money to stay afloat. If selling Clough for a knock down price achieves a month longer for a buyer to save us that is priceless. BWFC might not exist in a few months. Would you rather have a month extra of Clough or the clubs future secured?

What happens on the pitch is of very little importance compared to keeping the club going. Surely you get that?

• Moderators

im a simple fella, so humour me

if we don't sell him

and we dont find the cash from elsewhere we then go into admin and its sales time with monies raised going to the creditors

at least thats my understanding

am i missding something in your masterplan?

If the choice is sell Clough for tuppence on the off chance we can sell the club in the following month...

Or... go bump and he then leaves for free anyway.

Not really sure why people aren't getting this for fucks sake. It's not like cahill leaving for 4m when we were still in the prem.

If Clough leaves for 750k I'm cancelling my season ticket and fucking it off.

Any bid over 600k pays the tax bill. A bill that needs paying in the next 25 days or we get wound up.

I'd rather lose any wavering fans like MK than lose the club.

Mounts is a proper fan (who still goes to games I believe) and we can't afford to lose may more of them. Zach Clough pays a tax bill you are right but what a shocking state of affairs. Watch a young lad come through, does the business, we all get excited and because of the total incompetence of the board we give him away. And what's more not one of those lot will be financially worse off and will continue to be defended on here.Pull the fucking plug and put us out of our misery

It's only since we stopped fighting for Europa league or battling against relegation have we been able to play these kind of players. Next 5 years Southampton won't produce anyone (except maybe ward/prowse) and suddenly they'll be a loss making outfit just like we were

Edited by Eavesy

If we had lived within our means previously, then producing our own and selling them on would long since have become part of the routine. It's only that he's the first academy player since Nolan to be worth anything that there's this sort of stink. JSL.

Oh that's all right then. And you are wrong, the reason there is a 'stink' is because we are desperate and will have to let him go for peanuts.

And that does not mean that we never expected him to leave or those that  are pissed off want silly money. Just a decent price which we won't get in our current situation. 

• Moderators

if you have a google i think the costs are out there

the costs have been scaled back in the last 12 months

i think to be a class 1 or class A, whatever, you have to commit a certain percentage of turnover

might even be a fixed amount

in the back of my head, im thinking it would be about 3 million for us to be the top level

which is why we dropped down

and folk moaned

Right, just got the full details, from a scout I know, who also works as a translator for new youth players into the North West.

£750k is the initial payment,

£500k after set appearances,

International cap payment,

10% on any profit made on sell on.

He stays at Bolton on loan, but also a first option of a loan next season.

Says this deal was agreed a while ago, but Bolton are holding back on the deal....maybe for new owners so they can pull the plug on the deal.

Just passing on the details.

Edited by Pablo

Mounts is a proper fan (who still goes to games I believe) and we can't afford to lose may more of them. Zach Clough pays a tax bill you are right but what a shocking state of affairs. Watch a young lad come through, does the business, we all get excited and because of the total incompetence of the board we give him away. And what's more not one of those lot will be financially worse off and will continue to be defended on here.Pull the fucking plug and put us out of our misery

Yep still go unlike a good number on here, who like to moan and groan yet can't find the Macron.

I'll reiterate start selling our future for 1 months stay of execution is absolutely crazy, if the powers that be can't rescue the situation, one that they have ultimately created without resorting to selling off our few quality players then it's time for me to wrap it up.

FWIW I'm trusting the club to do the right thing and sell hotel, office space land or whatever is left first, before players leave the building for fuck all.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Right, just got the full details, form a scout I know, who also works as a translator for new youth players into the North West.

£750k is the initial payment,

£500k after set appearances,

International cap payment,

10% on any profit made on sell on.

He stays at Bolton on loan, but also a first option of a loan next season.

Says this deal was agreed a while ago, but Bolton are holding back on the deal....maybe for new owners so they can pull the plug on the deal.

Just passing on the details.

Steal at that price, think the club will be holding out for a Dutch auction.