Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fifa Arrests

freds dad

Not a lot you can argue against in that piece

Thing is Diego's national FIFA representative or Executive defended him to the hilt a year ago. He went on to blame the British press and said it was a smear campaign and that the British contingent were acting like colonialists of old. However as the South American organisation FIFA organisation has been implicated as well as CONCAF I don't know if he is one of the seven arrested today

Thing is Diego's national FIFA representative or Executive defended him to the hilt a year ago. He went on to blame the British press and said it was a smear campaign and that the British contingent were acting like colonialists of old. However as the South American organisation FIFA organisation has been implicated as well as CONCAF I don't know if he is one of the seven arrested today

That and he's a cheat

The only sports body more corrupt is the IOC but they give the yanks an Olympics at least once every 20 years (allegedly)

1904 St Louis (worst organised games ever)

1932 Los Angeles

1984 Los Angeles

1996 Atlanta (worst organised recent games)

" Multiple cities in the United States were interested in bidding for 2020, but the USOC confirmed that the US would not bid, citing an ongoing dispute with the IOC. The IOC stated that it would like to have received a bid for 2020 from the United States] On 29 August 2011, it was revealed that Las Vegas submitted a bid to the IOC without USOC consent. The IOC rejected the bid."

(Wiki is your friend)

• Site Supporter

I think, with the level of "alleged" corruption, it wouldn't be possible for Blatter to remain at the top. 

Apparently (Radio 4) there are a few places kicking off about the yanks involvement, but they are stating that any country had the choice to investigate but none took up the chance..

Its well documented though that if you use American Bank's they will get involved.. if you affect their economy in any way.. they'll get involved.. And when you bribe a US citizen who then has millions in unpaid taxes.. he gets investigated and he admits that its bribes from Fifa... they're going to get involved...

I think, with the level of "alleged" corruption, it wouldn't be possible for Blatter to remain at the top. 

Apparently (Radio 4) there are a few places kicking off about the yanks involvement, but they are stating that any country had the choice to investigate but none took up the chance..

Its well documented though that if you use American Bank's they will get involved.. if you affect their economy in any way.. they'll get involved.. And when you bribe a US citizen who then has millions in unpaid taxes.. he gets investigated and he admits that its bribes from Fifa... they're going to get involved...

Also 4 of the major sponsors are American, then I can see a whole lot of pressure being exerted by them ... Visa have already had words

Guest Blixa

If he has anything to hide, he'll be safe as long as he's still in FIFA with the influence he has. Outside FIFA and he's vulnerable. Which is why he isn't going to leave.

Hence when he's going nowhere.

If he has anything to hide, he'll be safe as long as he's still in FIFA with the influence he has. Outside FIFA and he's vulnerable. Which is why he isn't going to leave.

Hence when he's going nowhere.

I'll be interested to see if after his election he travels to see that women football event in Canada ( Press aid yesterday that in was in his itinerary ) The US Canadian extradition is such that even if they wanted to simply question him he could be hauled over the border at a minutes notice.

• Site Supporter

If sponsors panic and start to pull out what do you reckon the chances football returning to a more normal way

as in the world cup?

All the experts are saying its too short notice to change now..

Russia are quite vocal in FIFA's defence.... surely panic stations

If sponsors panic and start to pull out what do you reckon the chances football returning to a more normal way

I've been reading some analysis on this and there is the risk another company will jump in there and get the massive coverage they once had. Tough call I suppose for their marketing dept.

Anyhow, I've been watching this and have a look at Blatter's eyes, he just looks like a senile old fucker with nothing going on behind them.

I've been reading some analysis on this and there is the risk another company will jump in there and get the massive coverage they once had. Tough call I suppose for their marketing dept.

I was listening to something on the wireless earlier, pretty much saying there is no way the sponsors will pull the plug.

VISA would shit it in case MasterCard jumped in, Coca-Cola would shit it if Pepsi jumped in etc. Football will still continue no matter what happens, these massive sponsors will not want to miss out