Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Greatest Movie Characters

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My own two favourites, you can keep Batman, Mickey Mouse and whoever the yanks have on their list.

Danny in 'Brassed Off' brilliantly played by Pete Postlethwaite.

Jackie Elliot in 'Billy Elliot'. Superb portrayal of a proud ex-miner.  

Proper characters!

My own two favourites, you can keep Batman, Mickey Mouse and whoever the yanks have on their list.

Danny in 'Brassed Off' brilliantly played by Pete Postlethwaite.

Jackie Elliot in 'Billy Elliot'. Superb portrayal of a proud ex-miner.

Proper characters!

If we are on an English theme...

Paddy Whatshisface in Dead Mans shoes.

• Site Supporter

I never got that film, those lads befriend his soft-lad brother, give hime loads of booze and free drugs and get him a shag, and how does he repay them? By going on a kill-crazy rampage...

"What you up to?"

"Mooching about"

dms-3.png?w=300&h=162D

Did they not kill his 'soft lad brother' and you only get to find this out at the end.

And all the previous appearances of his brother were his imagination, that's my recollection

• Site Supporter

I never got that film, those lads befriend his soft-lad brother, give hime loads of booze and free drugs and get him a shag, and how does he repay them? By going on a kill-crazy rampage...

"What you up to?"

"Mooching about"

dms-3.png?w=300&h=162D

Did they not kill his 'soft lad brother' and you only get to find this out at the end.

And all the previous appearances of his brother were his imagination, that's my recollection

Did they not kill his brother and you only get to find this out at the end.

And all the previous appearances of his brother were his imagination, that's my recollection.

Nah... He deffo got a shag, but Gary Stretch tried to make him suck his nob so not all matey stuff. No ignore me I was being fatuous, I watched it in bits and bobs until I watched it in full finally, so I knew his brother was in his mind only, I saw the end before I'd seen the whole film, thought it was shite at first, I think it's up there with the best now...

• Site Supporter

Nah... He deffo got a shag, but Gary Stretch tried to make him suck his nob so not all matey stuff. No ignore me I was being fatuous, I watched it in bits and bobs until I watched it in full finally, so I knew his brother was in his mind only, I saw the end before I'd seen the whole film, thought it was shite at first, I think it's up there with the best now...

there's some proper shit acting in it from the lesser known characters, reckon i'd have done better

I think sometimes shit acting, well some people are just fucking acting in real-life, especially some 'hard man' types, so I think having technically shit or inexperienced actors kind of works? If that makes sense? Same in Ken Loach films, Les Battersby starred in one of his, yet it was a good film...