Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Budget

Big E

Interestingly, those who get most income as dividends (e.g. contractors) will be stuffed, and have to find a more tax efficient way of paying themselves. And I'd imagine that this type of voter would be the sort that would be courted as a typical Tory. The mood at work is very anti-George, from the previous pro stance!

Edited by Exiled Girl

do we know why there is an upper limit?

It matches in with higher rate tax so that the real shift is much less stark. You still (now) pay 2% over the threshold.

If there was no upper limit we'd have an income tax rate for most professional jobs of over 50%.

It matches in with higher rate tax so that the real shift is much less stark. You still (now) pay 2% over the threshold.

If there was no upper limit we'd have an income tax rate for most professional jobs of over 50%.

The Upper Earnings Level defines earnings which count towards Additional State Pension.

So the rate above that level is a"nominal" 2%.

Of course once the Additional State Pension ceases to accrue (next year) the logic of that disappears.

• Members

At least UK State Pensions to Australia remain frozen.

Tra-la-la, life's good, superannuation down here means the UK pension I paid into will only be a few fragments of the crumbled flake on top of the cream.

That's when I decide to claim it that is.  You may not be aware that lump sum cash settlements are available to us should we choose that path. Might just git me my Plymouth Roadrunner.

• Members

And in fiscal news down under, Eddie, of Eddie's Towing and MOT, and Chancellor of Australia has announced a 4 cent rise on stubbies, a cut in the weekly dole-bludger money of $12, another increase of 10% tax per kilo of snags, but he's announced an end to duty on driving into the outback with your kids, setting the car on fire and shooting yourself in the head.

...and here, children, is a prime example of the type of mental ailment which can result from using crystal meth.............................

• Moderators

Yep, they've pulled a fucking massive one over us all with that, inflation linked rises and the continued criminalisation of non-payment.

It's an astronomical amount of money that we give them, £145 is two months council tax payments, yet instead of running a town then run some shit TV channels and a load of middle to upper class radio stations.

I've never had 30 quid a week off the state, but I've put over £100 in  a week for over 30 years

Like to take a guess at how much much I contributed between 1978 and 2010?  I'll give you a clue. In the last year I  paid over 40k and one year over 70k.

Edited by bgoefc

Yep, they've pulled a fucking massive one over us all with that, inflation linked rises and the continued criminalisation of non-payment.

It's an astronomical amount of money that we give them, £145 is two months council tax payments, yet instead of running a town then run some shit TV channels and a load of middle to upper class radio stations.

I hope ISPs won't play ball with this, you watch sommat on iplayer and then get a court summons landing on the doormat...