Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

it will show him up for what an egotistical tosspot he is.

I'm no sure he's ever sought much limelight or been "egotistical" previously, so I"m not sure why he's starting now....unless of course it's not true, and he doesn't really want a suite naming after him (although it is all over Twitter, so it must be true)

• Site Supporter

So a bloke who gave us £150million is asking that his contribution be remembered by naming a room after him. Not a stand or the entire stadium. A room.

He's also asking that instead of getting his £150million back, his estate (and kids) are left with something to show for what is, in truth, £150million pissed into the pockets of a load of footballers, on the back of which we've had the greatest period in our history.

He's not perfect, but fuck me, anyone thinking of tipping their dollars into this club only need to see the gratitude currently being shown to walk away.

I wouldn't blame them.

i bet he wishes he hadn't fucking bothered and we could have just languished anonymously around the middle leagues for ever.

So a bloke who gave us £150million is asking that his contribution be remembered by naming a room after him. Not a stand or the entire stadium. A room.

He's also asking that instead of getting his £150million back, his estate (and kids) are left with something to show for what is, in truth, £150million pissed into the pockets of a load of footballers, on the back of which we've had the greatest period in our history.

He's not perfect, but fuck me, anyone thinking of tipping their dollars into this club only need to see the gratitude currently being shown to walk away.

I wouldn't blame them.

i bet he wishes he hadn't fucking bothered and we could have just languished anonymously around the middle leagues for ever.

There's a gracious and dignified exit from the club......then there's an exit that makes you look like a cunt no matter what good you've done for the club

• Site Supporter

There's a gracious and dignified exit from the club......then there's an exit that makes you look like a cunt no matter what good you've done for the club

He's said nothing to suggest anything written on Twitter, Facebook and even on here is true.

Until he does, I still see him as a chap who threw whatever he needed to into signing Anelka, Okocha etc..

I wouldn't blame them.

We got to the premiership before Eddie allegedly tipped in 150 million cough bollocks. It isn't the greatest period in our history see the 1920s/50s He doesn't need to secure his families future it's already assured. He's portraying himself as a generous benefactor it ain't looking like that at the moment, he's more than a little bit part of taking us to the 3rd tier, fucking great job Eddie. Edited by Mounts Kipper

I wouldn't blame them.

:thumbsup:      and naming a suite (if true) is hardly going to be a deal breaker.

• Site Supporter

We got to the premiership before Eddie allegedly tipped in 150 million cough bollocks. It isn't the greatest period in our history see the 1920s/50s He doesn't need to secure his families future it's already assured. He's portraying himself as a generous benefactor it ain't looking like that at the moment, he's more than a little bit part of taking us to the 3rd tier, fucking great job Eddie.

No one loves the club more than you Mounts

But don't get sucked into the batshit mentalists on social media

He's probably not free from blame in the Big Shitty Shakedown Of What Went Wrong, but I think his sudden emergence as the main scapegoat is fucking rotten to the core.

I wouldn't blame them.

How can someone who has never been worth £150 million give £150 million?

Our history did not start the day ED took over the club, we actually had some good times before then including winning actual trophies

Hopefully someone looking at the club thinks they might be able to chart a course that doesn't end up with us not paying our staff, under a transfer embargo and in the high court facing a winding up order.

Agreed let's wait and see what happens first though, then we can decide saint or twat

He's probably not free from blame in the Big Shitty Shakedown Of What Went Wrong, but I think his sudden emergence as the main scapegoat is fucking rotten to the core.

As they say in life actions speak louder than words and I don't like his actions at the minute.

How can someone who has never been worth £150 million give £150 million?

Our history did not start the day ED took over the club, we actually had some good times before then including winning actual trophies

Hopefully someone looking at the club thinks they might be able to chart a course that doesn't end up with us not paying our staff, under a transfer embargo and in the high court facing a winding up order.

Agreed let's wait and see what happens first though, then we can decide saint or twat

Really?

how can you not understand that someone can spend money over a period of time that might be more than their personal worth at a certain time?

It is described as an achievement payout. Doesn't necessarily mean he wants profit, he just wants paying if we are in the championship. Which means probably the club being in debt to Eddie Davies again. Seeing as it will be hard for anyone to turn a profit especially with that sort of payment required.

• Site Supporter

I wouldn't blame them.

Well said.

I'm sorry but we don't know either way what's going on. Not sure where you have your 150m figure from but to say this protracted sale is anything other than a joke comes across as somewhat bizzare