Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How Many Extinct Football Grounds Have You Been To?

Blondi

The 70s & 80s were grim going on some of those grounds, but at the time you just got on with it and never thought nothing of it, BP was no oil painting or the surrounding area apart from some bod from Swinton doing a sketch. Still, I miss those gritty inner town venues compared to the soulless back of beyond grounds we have now.

• Site Supporter

19 for me

Some utter shitholes in that lot.

Most visited of that selection is Springfield Park but that's because me and my mate would go and stand in the away end if Bolton weren't playing or were too far away.

I remember standing with about 20 Torquay fans one afternoon and Helen Chamberlain was broadcasting live on the pitch for Soccer AM - before she looked like Skeletor.

We used to go to Spotland too in the away end. One Tuesday night got talking to some absolute lunatics following Exeter who were solicitors and accountants that followed Exeter and England everywhere.

Most visited away ground not on the list is probably Ewood Park. 

• Site Supporter

19 for me

I remember standing with about 20 Torquay fans one afternoon and Helen Chamberlain was broadcasting live on the pitch for Soccer AM - before she looked like Skeletorsolicitors and accountants that followed Exeter and England everywhere.

I was at that game with five other Bolton fans and a mate who supports Torquay, was chatting to that chamberlain and she asked us mind her bag while she went on the pitch at half time, had manners and decided not to root through it

Must have been more Bolton than Torquay then, though I do remember somebody else, other than our group, flicking v's with us at the Wigan lot when they cheered the half time score announcement ( we were losing) and shouting fuck off ya pie eating c*nts in unison with us.Must have been you They looked confused as to why a load of "Torquay fans" we're giving em stick for cheering Bolton losing.