Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

• Moderators

I honestly think far too many people are wired wrong, like the new owners have come in, pressed ctrl-alt-del and rebooted the club. We were within minutes of being liquidated, that means ceasing to exist. Only the good grace of the judge and persuasive skills of our legal team saved us, Eddie had switched off the life support system. Rejoice in being here at all, manager or not.

I honestly think far too many people are wired wrong, like the new owners have come in, pressed ctrl-alt-del and rebooted the club. We were within minutes of being liquidated, that means ceasing to exist. Only the good grace of the judge and persuasive skills of our legal team saved us, Eddie had switched off the life support system. Rejoice in being here at all, manager or not.

You are forgetting the magic administration reset button that would have left us debt free and meant a takeover from a multi billionaire was on the cards....

I really don't get why people are all shitting themselves that a manager isn't in place yet, if KA and the rest had appointed someone straight away then they would've been criticized for not taking their time over it and making the right decision for the club, if that is what they're doing then as far as I'm concerned they can take as long as they want, it's not like there's no ex manager available out there FFS, the football world is full of them

I'd sooner they waited 6 weeks and got someone compo free and saving wages in the process than had them in at the earliest opportunity, twiddling their thumbs while the players are away on their jollies.

Part of me still thinks Peter Reid is going to get it.

I'd sooner they waited 6 weeks and got someone compo free and saving wages in the process than had them in at the earliest opportunity, twiddling their thumbs while the players are away on their jollies.

Part of me still thinks Peter Reid is going to get it.

Wouldn't they just get someone on a pre-contract agreement if that was the case?

I just hope they don't go Blackpool style and only get players (if we can afford) at the last minute to save paying them to do nothing over the summer and then be left with whatever is in bargain basement having had little pre-season training

Edited by DirtySanchez

I don't think the issue is having a manager or not. It is that not appointing one after 12 weeks doesn't inspire confidence that the new owners can improve the on field results next season. No manager, still under embargo and no visible sign of real progress.

I'm sure that behind the scenes lots is happening but cannot blame fans for wondering why things are moving so slowly. Especially as the owners have previously said they want a manager in place quickly.

I don't think the issue is having a manager or not. It is that not appointing one after 12 weeks doesn't inspire confidence that the new owners can improve the on field results next season. No manager, still under embargo and no visible sign of real progress.

I'm sure that behind the scenes lots is happening but cannot blame fans for wondering why things are moving so slowly. Especially as the owners have previously said they want a manager in place quickly.

Exactly

But the "let's have a go at the fans" mob are out again  :rolleyes2: