Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

League Cup - Blackpool 4 Wanderers 2

Ratwhite

Moxey is another who's worth about a grand a week he's gash.

This is what's wrong with football......he's gash, so therefore is "only" worth a grand a week, I'll wager there are plenty of folk around these parts who wish they were shit enough to only earn £1000 per week

Has he not had this potential for the last 5 or 6 years, but flattered to deceive each and every season? - why should this season be any different. His wages are the massive stumbling block, we just can't afford to keep paying for somebody who performs once every 3 years. If we keep paying his (and those of Amos as well) wages, we might not even still be solvent come the end of the season, let alone worrying about promotion

So everybody gets a clean slate this season... apart from Davies. The wages are the concern of the manager and the chairman. While he's available, he's our most creative player. One of the only players in our squad who can create something from nothing, but he needs the support of the other players around him.

I'm hoping that he, Clayton, and Clough can strike up some kind of attacking understanding, because it really doesn't work with Madine. From what I saw of Davies last night, he seemed to be one step ahead of his team mates, and had to stop advancing and play it sideways because of lack of movement in advanced positions. Then you all slag him off for playing it sideways too much. If he tried to take it himself, and lost possession (which he did last night, and got booked for trying to get it back too aggressively), you'd all have a pop at him for that.

Agree with the Vela comments though, that kid is gash. Don't know if his heads not in it, or if he's been ruined by playing full back too much, but he's definitely gone backwards. 

Edited by SnoopJohnnyJohn

Is the average age about 15 there?

The yoof looked like they were having a ball yesterday. Probably be different from September onwards when they've got colouring in at 9am

Gonzo's landscape gardener looked like he enjoyed it until Blackpool went in front too!

Least they are following their local team and arent complete spunkbuckets begging there mum and dads to buy the last munich/liverpool tops.

Not doubting any of that pal, it's great to see.

Let them have their fun and you are bang on, I'd rather my lad be turfed out of bloomfield Road on a Tuesday for setting a blue smoke bomb off than coming home asking to go to OT every week.

He's 3, so here's hoping either is a good while off!

I believe these "children" are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside, give them a sense of pride to make it easier and let these children's laughter remind us how we used to be.

• Site Supporter

Stood on Lytham Rd pre-match watching the police chasing the yoof in vans, cars and at one point galloping horses. Was like an episode of Benny Hill.

Fair play to young en's 50k of clobber and a good turn out.