Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

League Cup - Blackpool 4 Wanderers 2

Ratwhite

One minute we need the young lads to turn up and get behind the team and fill the ground and get the atmosphere going, then when they do you lot are having a pop, well done to them lot for at least going to the game and getting behind the lads

My youngest went with all his mates and well done to them

As I said before you lot are only happy when you're unhappy

Don't think anyone is saying it was anything other than a great turnout

Good to see plenty coming through with the shite that's been served up over the past few seasons

However stealing the will grigg song though for Zach Clough, flashing lights on phones & chanting we all hate Leeds is cringeworthy

I suppose you can't blame the kids though, they have limited opportunities to learn the traditional songs these days due to the lack of turnout atmosphere from the previous generations (myself included)

Edited by birch-chorley

Don't think anyone is saying it was anything other than a great turnout

Good to see plenty coming through with the shite that's been served up over the past few seasons

However stealing the will grigg song though for Zach Clough, flashing lights on phones & chanting we all hate Leeds is cringeworthy

I suppose you can't blame the kids though, they have limited opportunities to learn the traditional songs these days due to the lack of turnout atmosphere from the previous generations (myself included)

thats my thoughts, sober Dan needs to take control of this mob Dan for leader!!

I believe these "children" are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside, give them a sense of pride to make it easier and let these children's laughter remind us how we used to be.

I decided long ago - Samizadeh is too short to be a full pro.

Young lads enjoying themselves and turning out to support the team.

So what if their songs are a bit shit, at least they're having a fucking go.

I find the whole Wanky Wanderers stuff cringeworthy too, but lots are happy to sing it.

I found that Chelsea video amusing, those cockney costermonger cunts probably consider even our most sartorial and wordly support to be backward hillbillies, so we might as well have some real hillbillies sticking it to them and taking liberties in their own facking manor...

I'm sure one of them was Chish or Fips in the 80s an' all.

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14676193.FANS__39__LETTER__Same_old_story_in_defence/

Who the hell at Bolton evening news makes the decision to publish this kind of stuff?

Parkinson's only been in the job 2 professional matches and the local paper are already publishing digs and rants and negative crap.

Who in there right mind receives that and decides to put it up on the website. Absolutely ridiculous.

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14676193.FANS__39__LETTER__Same_old_story_in_defence/

Who the hell at Bolton evening news makes the decision to publish this kind of stuff?

Parkinson's only been in the job 2 professional matches and the local paper are already publishing digs and rants and negative crap.

Who in there right mind receives that and decides to put it up on the website. Absolutely ridiculous.

You just know Derek typed that out in May and saved it in his draft folder, ready to press send as soon as we lost a game. Probably got excited when Blackpool took the lead.

You just know Derek typed that out in May and saved it in his draft folder, ready to press send as soon as we lost a game. Probably got excited when Blackpool took the lead.

To be fair after signing with Real Madrid I don't think he saw himself playing in front of about 12 people in Blackpool. :)

Quite right. I just don't get the Bolton News at times. One match and a league cup match is no time to publish negative stuff like that - just no need. PP will only suss out the players properly when seeing them in full match action so give him a chance for god's sake. 

They'll say it's all about promoting debate and engagement of the fans, as with all the phone-ins on GMR and the nationals, and all the other social media 'opportunities'. 

With a charitable head on it's the sort of thing somebody might rattle off while they'd a cob on ten minutes after the final whistle on Tuesday.

PP will be well smart enough to know he wouldn't learn much about his players till he saw them in that sort of situation. A few changes were made, yes, but there were enough 'experienced pros' out there to have managed that game a whole lot better.

Gradually, no doubt slower than he'd like, he's working towards having an eleven that contains a majority he can trust. A few of those he inherited will no doubt have been struck off the trustworthy list on the coach home  

• Moderators

what i hate most about moaning cunts like that is they end with "i do hope I'm wrong", it's like they just want to have a go for the sake of having a go

For years, the B.Evening News has provided a platform for a small group of crackpots to consistently have a pop at the club. Even during the best years in the prem, these loons were on the BN forum criticising everything that the club did & the BN regularly printed their idiotic ravings.

Since the forum shut down, it seems that the same crackpots fill the comments section to any Wanderers' news in the paper.

Add that to Iles' daft reporting & it's no wonder that the BN gets little news from out of the club.