Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Thogdan

Underpants

32 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

In a bar in Albufeira on Thursday chatting to some Geordies and one of them said he admires Thogdan and his vlogs 

Bolton fans only dislike him because he's a Bolton fan who has done well for himself.

9 hours ago, Traf said:

Bolton fans only dislike him because he's a Bolton fan who has done well for himself.

Am going to agree with this. He’s done well for himself and his platform is based on supporting us, who he clearly loves. My two boys (9 and 12, total Bolton fans) love him and his vlogs. He appeals to the young fans because he knows his market, kids who are well into Bolton/youtube/instagram whatever, he appeals to them. I’ve chatted to him a few times and he’s genuinely a Bolton fan. As far as I’m concerned he’s part of our way forward. A genuine fan of a family club that loves engaging with its fans. I hope it continues like this.

10 hours ago, Traf said:

Not sure that’s right mate. Not mad either way.

personally think it’s a bit weird anyone over 12 likes him and at the same time claims to hate him

Edited by tomski

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Fucking weasal

Hold on a minute with the kangaroo court judgment. It's not obvious that the kid was put on the spot at all. It's a 19 second clip ffs. The kid could have gone up to him beforehand and said that he wanted to give him this glove. Calling him a "fucking weasel" is a bit harsh on the evidence provided.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Fucking weasal

Have you seen Kierons timeline ?

He doesn't seem to like Thogdan much and is on a mission to make him look a right twat

• Moderators
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

The kid is on further down the thread saying he wanted to give it him.

It's a most amusing thread 

Folk calling for sky to sack him

Didn't even know he worked for sky now 

The constant "brother" reference is a bit odd as he looks nowt like him but it's clearly gone over this guy's head 

On 29/04/2023 at 22:15, Campos_Wig said:

The lad is raising our profile (along with Paddy & Vernon) so it’s all good…. 

Saw that video when Evatt phones into Radio 2 to congratulate Vernon Kaye on his new job - along with the other BBC  Bolton presenters - Mark Ratcliffe, the blonde and ....Clive Myrie.

Who knew Clive Myrie was from Bolton? I didn't and I'd never have guessed from his accent.

11 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Who knew Clive Myrie was from Bolton? I didn't and I'd never have guessed from his accent.

Lived Mornington Road area iirc. Went to Hayward School, so not even a proper one.

Ratcliffe went to Bolton School.  Boys Division, I'm almost certain.

Both are Citeh fans so can f"cough.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Lived Mornington Road area iirc. Went to Hayward School, so not even a proper one.

Ratcliffe went to Bolton School.  Boys Division, I'm almost certain.

Both are Citeh fans so can f"cough.

I know Radcliffe and he definitely went to the Boys Division - was a mate of my younger brother's and used to have a record stall before he got in with the BBC where his dad worked. When I worked abroad in the late 70's a load of my albums were awol when I got back and I'm convinced they'd ended up on his market stall. If anyone bought a pristine copy of Wheels of Fire off him I want it back :)

Edited by Wanderlust

1 minute ago, Whitestar said:

Mate of mine was in same class as Clive, i wasn't clever enough to go to the grammar school but knew him through the rugby team.

Thing is, I did go to a posh school, got a top education, worked in some fairly high profile jobs in various countries and married a posh bird but still my Bowton accent comes through - but not a trace of it in Clive Myrie as far as I can tell.

Also noticeable that when I did some media work, my recorded voice seemed to accentuate my accent - I sounded a lot broader on radio or telly (than I think I do normally) so why doesn't his accent ever seem to come through?

Maybe he has a reinvented personality for media?

Similar to myself. I've worked all across the UK & Ireland. In Holkand, Italy & Israel. Plus the US from California to Philadelphia, Chicago to Texas.

I've managed lots of people all over the place. Done a little TV work. By now I have a less identifiably 'Bolton' accent (well, Council House Horwich tbh) but it's undeniably North-West. I proudly stuck with my 'book, cook, look' accent & calling the Co'-Op the 'qwaarp' for a very long time, but one day realised I didn't.

To become as refined as Myrie takes effort and, almost more importantly, a decision. A bit like supporting Citeh rather than Bowton.

Ratcliffe even explains it in his autobiography. He was in class with a vg mate of mine & the fckr actually changed horses around age 14.

They can still f'cough.

5 hours ago, gonzo said:

The kid is on further down the thread saying he wanted to give it him.

Kid didn't seem like he was being coerced into handing it over to me.

There's definitely an agenda from a lot of Bolton fans towards Theo & his dad, much of it from blokes old enough to know better.

37 minutes ago, Traf said:

Kid didn't seem like he was being coerced into handing it over to me.

There's definitely an agenda from a lot of Bolton fans towards Theo & his dad, much of it from blokes old enough to know better.

Aye don't really get it myself.

The lads made himself very rich by posting videos of himself at Bolton games. What the fuck is wrong with that?

Spoke to him after Barnsley and at the Cambridge match. Seems a throughly nice and grounded lad.

Not sure northern folk should be shit slinging about accents either tbh.