Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Northampton 0 Wanderers 1

burnden

• Site Supporter

I presume you are making the point that there are 3, plus another in the USA, plus 3 cricketers and a rugby player, etc.

Also I remember listening to a commentary on a Tranmere v Wolves Friday night match where the crowd were singing "there's only one Scott Taylor" when in fact there was one on each team.

No flies on malc

• Moderators

Also I remember listening to a commentary on a Tranmere v Wolves Friday night match where the crowd were singing "there's only one Scott Taylor" when in fact there was one on each team.

Do you reckon they knew?

Revel who played for cobblers yesterday ex Rotherham and Cardiff? Always thought he'd be decent for us at this level must be paying some coin to get him

I met Alex Revell years ago on my honeymoon, when he was at Cambridge. He was a great bloke.

I've always kept an eye on his career since. He's always had a pretty shit goal scoring record though sadly, and I'm not sure he's ever been transfered for much money either.

Petrov was on a bout 4 times Taylors wage and game by game offered less.

I'll give petrov this he was able to deliver much more than Taylor in an attacking capacity but was neither use nor ornament when he had to defend.

The wages thing is irrelevant. He was an upgrade. His job wasn't to be a decent full back so I fail to see how his defensive qualities count. His supply line was superb and our attackers not so

Petrov was on a bout 4 times Taylors wage and game by game offered less.

I'll give petrov this he was able to deliver much more than Taylor in an attacking capacity but was neither use nor ornament when he had to defend.

thats what you got with him exactly the same at city he's a luxury to have. Fans used to jump on his back about his wages but the club agreed the deal.

The wages thing is irrelevant. He was an upgrade. His job wasn't to be a decent full back so I fail to see how his defensive qualities count. His supply line was superb and our attackers not so

He was shite. Granted it was partially Coyle's fault buying him but he's no use playing for us if he can't muck in.

Done nowt since either. So much for his ability

Petrov was class when things were going well

When we were up against it he wasn't the player you'd want - that's where Taylor is better

just 2 different options, and neither was shite

For the position we were in I'd have had Taylor if we could only have one

Sums em up nicely for me that.  I always felt Taylor was a bit underrated and Petrov the opposite.

So wide players never have to track back and defend no?

I think this mentality is a fairly recent one. When he had Alonso behind him they got it bang right bar the one game everyone seems to remember against Fulham on here. He was a good player in a shit team