Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

Almost at the end of the year - only another two weeks of releases - so here's NiC's favourite songs of 2023

So many good songs, diffcult to choose my favourite but certainly Vampire Empire by the ever fucking brilliant Big Thief is up there (the B-Side is also great) Scratch Your Metal by Divorce, who don't seem to be able to write a bad song, Pynch's Disco Lights (and the album itself) was really good, really reminds me of just walking around London this year, always seemed to have it on when communting, The Last Dinner Party are going to be HUGE, Roisin Murphy's album I thought was great and I'm not a huge fan, Sparks' stuff as good as they've ever done and had a bit of a revival this year, The Narcissist was the best Blur song in years, Black Country reinvented themselves and looking forward to see what they do next but Live At Bush Hall is one of the best live albums I've ever heard, Queens of the Stone Age got back to good riffs after Villians, Joshua Idehen's Been Kind of Lost takes me back to summer and the line 'I'm Clearly off My Tits' is just great, every teenager should have Gina Birch I Play my Bass Loud on full blast, Radio 6 favs The Lemon Twigs kept releasing great singles and the mighty King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard out Metalled metal bands with Gila Monster......

So many good song, so many I haven't heard, so little time, so put Loving Arms by Lack of Afro on and have a fucking great dance to great music.

46 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ta - looking to get in touch for a promotion/creative community type thing for a Wigan based company who are performing at Wigan Arena in the new year.

I know Rob, can ask him for his email or sumert if you want?

• Moderators
23 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Slipknot tickets for next December acquired. First gig at that new Co-Op Arena out by the Etihad seems like it'll be a ball ache to get away from but we'll see

Seen the pet shop boys are playing there so am tempted

Reet, genuine question (& i CBA looking this up).

Fox on the run. Classic, covered many times by various artists.

The chorus, or the line goes ,,, fox on the run the night away?? OR, fox on the run & hide away??.

Which are you.?

If the truth be known and I'm old enough to remember the original im, the night away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Liam Gallagher bumps into John Squire down the pub 

LG: I've written a song about a rainbow, can you help me make it sound exactly like a Stone Roses record?;

JS: no problem 

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zico said:

Liam Gallagher bumps into John Squire down the pub 

LG: I've written a song about a rainbow, can you help me make it sound exactly like a Stone Roses record?;

JS: no problem 

Know what you're saying, but there's also a decent lump of Kula Shaker, Doves and Beatles (Tomorrow Never Knows) thrown in for good measure. Don't mind it at all.

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators
Just now, Cheese said:

Know what your'e saying, but there's also a decent lump of Kula Shaker, Doves and Beatles (Tomorrow Never Knows) thrown in for good measure. Don't mind it at all.

sounds alright but have to admit I flicked on to the next song when Liam started listing the colours of the rainbow