Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

We have Donaldson as big lump number two

If PP doesn’t fancy an Alf type, and we are playing with one up top I don’t really think it’s a priority position to fill

I’d sooner get another CB personally

Wilson looks good to me. And Hobbs is rated highly. We are fine there.

Would you fancy a chunk of games with Donaldson as the only option? I’d not. Clayton can play out wide too. I think someone who can do the job Magennis does is important. As we saw last season, we are in shit if we lose him.

I'm in the I'd cry camp re Madine. I still get a sense of excitement before every game when I remember we don't have Madine, and wilbraham (and pratley). Donaldson is underrated by some. I'd be happy for him to stand in for super josh. If both were injured, Wilschut can play down the middle, he did for wigan. And Sammi can do it as we saw last season; no worries about needing about needing another target man.

Wilson looks good to me. And Hobbs is rated highly. We are fine there.

Would you fancy a chunk of games with Donaldson as the only option? I’d not. Clayton can play out wide too. I think someone who can do the job Magennis does is important. As we saw last season, we are in shit if we lose him.

I always think of Wilson as a midfielder but fair enough

I just don’t see the point of another striker that’s not going to get a sniff

I always think of Wilson as a midfielder but fair enough

I just don’t see the point of another striker that’s not going to get a sniff

I think our biggest area of improvement would be a centre midfield player to go with Lowe.

I get that a striker might sit on the bench but we’ve not got cover there. Get some extra quality up there and Donaldson could play right wing like Kev Davies and we’d have two decent strikers should the worst happen.

I think our biggest area of improvement would be a centre midfield player to go with Lowe.

I get that a striker might sit on the bench but we’ve not got cover there. Get some extra quality up there and Donaldson could play right wing like Kev Davies and we’d have two decent strikers should the worst happen.

What type though? We have plenty of other “water carrier” options and if it’s a playmaker type we already have Oztumer.

I read the striker situation differently - for me Magennis is PP’s Madine and Donaldson is more of a Wilbraham back up than a starter wide in the front 3

Who knows though

What type though? We have plenty of other “water carrier” options and if it’s a playmaker type we already have Oztumer.

I read the striker situation differently - for me Magennis is PP’s Madine and Donaldson is more of a Wilbraham back up than a starter wide in the front 3

Who knows though

We need a real beast/ bastard in midfield.

A proper leader/captain.

A younger mobile Henry.

No idea if there is such a player but that is what we need.

Who knows though

For me an all rounder. A Gary Speed type. Someone who can get up and down but is decent on the ball and has a shot on them. Oztumer will play further forward behind a striker. But currently to go with Lowe we have Murphy, who seems a decent sort, once he's fit he has a decent range of passing, and seems a worker. But beyond that we can drop Vela in there or play O'Neil. If we had two Lowe's it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If we found a complimentary player it'd be even better.

I still think we must sign another striker. Failure to do so would be taking an unnecessary risk at this stage. 

For me an all rounder. A Gary Speed type. Someone who can get up and down but is decent on the ball and has a shot on them. Oztumer will play further forward behind a striker. But currently to go with Lowe we have Murphy, who seems a decent sort, once he's fit he has a decent range of passing, and seems a worker. But beyond that we can drop Vela in there or play O'Neil. If we had two Lowe's it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If we found a complimentary player it'd be even better.

I still think we must sign another striker. Failure to do so would be taking an unnecessary risk at this stage.

If we do get that midfielder then I’d be very happy. I. The market we’re shopping in I’d be pleasantly surprised though. If it’s a loan then it’s likely to be an inexperienced younger lad, so I just can’t see it

Happy to get another striker but I don’t see them playing regularly so if they’re decent.....why come? Most loanees want game time

I’m not opposed to either TBF, just not sure it happens in practicality

We need another front man. I would like to see us bring in a striker from L1or L2,on a loan to buy basis. We can try to develop them and in the long run they are our player/asset.

Stockley at Exeter would be a prime candidate

We need another front man. I would like to see us bring in a striker from L1or L2,on a loan to buy basis. We can try to develop them and in the long run they are our player/asset.

Stockley at Exeter would be a prime candidate

Not sure of that, isn't that Connor Hall place? Let's have a ready made competition for magennis.