Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

37 minutes ago, maaarsh said:

Looking at his record, what exactly is wrong with him that Cardiff want to let him go and  he would want to drop a league.

Unless he's crocked hard to see how he's in reach for us.

Looking at his record this has crossed my mind

11 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Against Burton? Are Burton one of the top teams we struggled against last season that cost us promotion? No. they were one of the crap but physical teams we've struggled against on a garbage pitch in the past.

Simply not representative of the games we struggle in that we're discussing. Derby might be one though.

Burton is a place we have struggled. The game under Parky was as bad as it gets. The 3-1 night game when they scored 3 in about 10 minutes was spineless. Last season 1-1 we played well enough to have won easily. 
It is one point in last 3 games. A win here will leave us top of the league after 5 games. So important we start well as it won't take much for the memories of recent games there to people edgy/nervous. Their manager will know this and I imagine they will come out 'all guns blazing' . Hopefully our quality will see us through. 
Our last 3 games have been 3-0 at half time ! I think ! 

4 hours ago, maaarsh said:

Looking at his record, what exactly is wrong with him that Cardiff want to let him go and  he would want to drop a league.

Unless he's crocked hard to see how he's in reach for us.

Season Injury from until Days Games missed
22/23 Problems with the hip flexor Sep 26, 2022 Nov 6, 2022 41 days          Cardiff CityWales U2110
22/23 Hip problems Apr 8, 2023 Apr 28, 2023 20 days Cardiff City5

17 minutes ago, maaarsh said:

He's a 21 year old with 8 caps for Wales and 60 games at a league above under his belt.

He wouldn't sign for our A* team sadly.

Great attacking talent which probably fits with Evatts's style, but it makes no sense other than Cardiff think he's crocked or we're prepared to spend over a million on him or Shazza is doing personal favours for Vincent Tan. The lad probably needs hip surgery so it would be a massive gamble. Struggling to see it. We'd be better off reigniting the Baccus deal (just thought I'd chuck that in for the trolls :) )

12 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Great attacking talent which probably fits with Evatts's style, but it makes no sense other than Cardiff think he's crocked or we're prepared to spend over a million on him or Shazza is doing personal favours for Vincent Tan. The lad probably needs hip surgery so it would be a massive gamble. Struggling to see it. We'd be better off reigniting the Baccus deal (just thought I'd chuck that in for the trolls :) )

You reckon he’s got a damaged labrum then?

44 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

You reckon he’s got a damaged labrum then?

No idea but given that despite it's reoccurrence in such a short time frame, he does appear to be playing again which would be incredibly painful if it was a torn labrum cartilage which hadn't had surgery - impossible to play footie I'd have thought. If I had to guess, if he hadn't already had surgery on it it's probably muscular rather than cartilage e.g. hip flexor strain or tear - so that depends on the degree of injury to the muscle group.  Only a serious tear would require surgery. The worry is the reoccurence as even when it gets better it would need to be managed very carefully forever, limit training intensity and require loads of warming up before actually playing.

And maybe that's why Cardiff are willing to sell? Reading and Charlton also in the frame apparently.

49 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

No idea but given that despite it's reoccurrence in such a short time frame, he does appear to be playing again which would be incredibly painful if it was a torn labrum cartilage which hadn't had surgery - impossible to play footie I'd have thought. If I had to guess, if he hadn't already had surgery on it it's probably muscular rather than cartilage e.g. hip flexor strain or tear - so that depends on the degree of injury to the muscle group.  Only a serious tear would require surgery. The worry is the reoccurence as even when it gets better it would need to be managed very carefully forever, limit training intensity and require loads of warming up before actually playing.

And maybe that's why Cardiff are willing to sell? Reading and Charlton also in the frame apparently.

Should be easy enough to test for a labrum issue in a medical

22 minutes ago, boltonboris said:

Strange area to strengthen in, if it's true.

Having 2 players compete for a position we don't use doesn't seem like a good use of scarce resources. Think we need another mobile number 8/4 type and a RWB to push Dacres-Cogley

Maybe he is considered competition for Dacres-Cogley?

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

.... he'll have to offer him games, and a new contract.

He could just see if he claims a regular starting spot by January and then offer a new contract - or not. A gamble, but if they really rate him, perhaps one they might be willing to take.

I'd be getting Geth in on the negotiations if it gets to us or Charlton.

Edited by Wanderlust

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

He could just see if he claims a regular starting spot by January and then offer a new contract - or not. A gamble, but if they really rate him, perhaps one they might be willing to take.

I'd be getting Geth in on the negotiations if it gets to us or Charlton.

How come?

Due to his nationality or his business acumen?

Heard they drafted Iredale in for BA barracus😎