Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Cast your mind back far enough and we actually signed Jones as a LWB.

Cogley has been a really positive signing, in my eyes at least, so can only guess it’s his turn to be scapegoat. 

He was signed as one of the two options at RB/RWB, wit Hickman being the other

It was just that Gordon and Greenidge were so shit we had to shunt him over to the left hand side to cover

14 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It was just that Gordon and Greenidge were so shit we had to shunt him over to the left hand side to cover

Whatever happened to Hickman?

Sounded like he could be decent but was a total knob head

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Yes in hindsight we'd have been better signing Gordon Greenidge rather than those 2 (OK Gordon did improve a bit). 

6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Cast your mind back far enough and we actually signed Jones as a LWB.

Cogley has been a really positive signing, in my eyes at least, so can only guess it’s his turn to be scapegoat. 

To be clear I just think Jones is a better wingback than Cogley, more to his game, a bit more physical and creative.  No scapegoat, no calling anyone shit, no saying get rid, just an opinion on players in our squad.  Same as I think Forrester could be an improvement on Jones at CB but I've seen less of him so I'm a bit undecided. 

Just differences of opinion/discussion, no scapegoats.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

To be clear I just think Jones is a better wingback than Cogley, more to his game, a bit more physical and creative.  No scapegoat, no calling anyone shit, no saying get rid, just an opinion on players in our squad.  Same as I think Forrester could be an improvement on Jones at CB but I've seen less of him so I'm a bit undecided. 

Just differences of opinion/discussion, no scapegoats.

Fair enough and wasn’t throwing your way 👍 

Think Cogley just offers that bit more energy really, personally

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

I just had a call with a Leicester fan who's mate son is George Taft

he asked me does George Taft still play for us

took me a minute, I remember the name but don't recall ever seeing him play

I wanted to be polite but all i could say was "i remember his name, but that's about it, so he can't have played much"

looked back

1 game

a strange time in our existance

8 minutes ago, Zico said:

I just had a call with a Leicester fan who's mate son is George Taft

he asked me does George Taft still play for us

took me a minute, I remember the name but don't recall ever seeing him play

I wanted to be polite but all i could say was "i remember his name, but that's about it, so he can't have played much"

looked back

1 game

a strange time in our existance

One league game (plus half a dozen as an unused sub), three EFL Trophy and one EFL Cup. Certainly felt like he played more than that as even upon seeing his name I knew what position he was and that he went to Scunthorpe when he left us, and yet I can forget entire teams from other years. 

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

One league game (plus half a dozen as an unused sub), three EFL Trophy and one EFL Cup. Certainly felt like he played more than that as even upon seeing his name I knew what position he was and that he went to Scunthorpe when he left us, and yet I can forget entire teams from other years. 

Thought he played more league games but that's probably my mind playing tricks 

Didn't he come from Cambridge 

3 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Jak (!!) Hickman is now aged 25. We wete his 7th club. He's now at Halesowen ... his 14th club. They're something like 10th tier, mid table in the Southern League Central Divsion.

He played 4 games for us.

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Fair enough and wasn’t throwing your way 👍 

Think Cogley just offers that bit more energy really, personally

Fair comment, I think when on form he has that bit of trickery and ability to weave out of tight situations, and decent pace. I just think we haven't seen it much for a while, he's gone a bit "safe" and rarely escapes his marker. Hopefully it's just temporary because be seems to have the right attitude.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Jak (!!) Hickman is now aged 25. We wete his 7th club. He's now at Halesowen ... his 14th club. They're something like 10th tier, mid table in the Southern League Central Divsion.

Thought he was rated at Coventry till he turned into a dick 

When he played for us, seemed alright but at that time it's a tallest dwarf contest 

• Moderators

on cogley, if he actually has changed his game and its not just the novelty has worn off, why would you think its not at evatts instruction or because other teams have cottoned on and worked him out a bit

good players find another way

evatt has options like he has options now with the strike force and midfield

it'll be interesting to see which way he goes

i dont think much will change, unless their are january additions

26 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Thought he was rated at Coventry till he turned into a dick 

When he played for us, seemed alright but at that time it's a tallest dwarf contest 

It was indeed. Attitude over ability it seems. He was shown the door by Coventry, us & an Irish club before I stopped bothering to keep up.

40 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Most of us would've killed to be professional footballers

It never ceases to amaze me how young lads capable of being professionals decide to just piss the opportunity away

3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Most of us would've killed to be professional footballers

It never ceases to amaze me how young lads capable of being professionals decide to just piss the opportunity away

Chuck money at people a week at people who are 16 plus whilst their mates are maybe working on minimum wage 

They've probably fucked school off as they are going to be a footballer....

After his injury, what’s the chances of Bradley coming back to us in January? I can’t see him getting into the Liverpool squad and there’s no way he’ll want to appear for the reserves again so surely a few months here and a possible promotion push might just appeal to both player and club?

4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

After his injury, what’s the chances of Bradley coming back to us in January? I can’t see him getting into the Liverpool squad and there’s no way he’ll want to appear for the reserves again so surely a few months here and a possible promotion push might just appeal to both player and club?

He's currently running about a pitch in Belgium for Liverpool....so....I reckon unlikely, sadly 

4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

He's starting for the first team tonight but if he leaves, it'll be to the Championship