Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

8 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s only played 9 pro games and they were at Crewe, a big risk in my opinion, if he turns out another crellin then our automatic play offs could be over pretty quick, surely we can purchase a good experienced solid pro. 

Agree  Mitov at Cambridge and the Orient keeper are both available much safer options

[pardon the pun]

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, I wasn't there, but I'd dispute that. Not match fit for about a month after they gave up on Crellin.

I wasn’t there either but can only say what I was told by someone who was.

4 hours ago, W.cramp said:

Iles reporting ollie norburn from pboro , know nowt about him apart he is Bolton born.

I like Ollie Norburn - he's a decent midfielder with decent touch who can tackle and pass, He's not the youngest (30ish?) and he doesn't score enough from midfield but he is competitive and can battle a bit.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

I like Ollie Norburn - he's a decent midfielder with decent touch who can tackle and pass, He's not the youngest (30ish?) and he doesn't score enough from midfield but he is competitive and can battle a bit.

Would he be the midfield bastard we're crying out for?

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, W.cramp said:

Iles reporting ollie norburn from pboro , know nowt about him apart he is Bolton born.

Was my Player of the Season for about 5 years in a row when I managed Macclesfield Town on Football Manager 2017, so he'll do for me.

Edited by Cheese

5 hours ago, Zico said:

Would he be the midfield bastard we're crying out for?

5 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He's not quite the player he was since his injjry but would be a good signing

Bit of a conundrum really. He was pretty steely in midfield but he got a nasty knee ligament injury which put him out for a year and that's always got to be a worry. That said, Posh were looking to move him on for 8 or 900k before the injury, so maybe the price would now be more affordable.

Reckon he could do a good job for us and he's been pretty decent since he came back - Posh's late run into the playoffs coincided with Norburn's return in March - but i imagine Posh are looking for silly money.