Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Literally...

Youri McAnespie

I've just literally started this topic because I'm wondering if the moronic overuse of this word is limited to the circle of morons around me?

If you're over twenty and say this word more than say, once a day, you're literally a fuckwit.

It doesn't lend gravitas nor an air of learning to any statement, so stoppit.

• Site Supporter

Another pet hate is starting a sentence with the word OBVIOUSLY. I was always taught to start with the subject.

This rule had fallen into disuse but it still irks me nonetheless.

Also replacing the words who, which, etc. with THAT. It's possibly more a northern colloquialism but also irks.

I dislike being irked.

I've just literally started this topic because I'm wondering if the moronic overuse of this word is limited to the circle of morons around me?

If you're over twenty and say this word more than say, once a day, you're literally a fuckwit.

It doesn't lend gravitas nor an air of learning to any statement, so stoppit.

This was at it's worst a couple of years ago

Used to drive me mad but it seems to be on the decrease with the younguns in my place

I regularly use "can I get". I only do it to wind Sweep up though :D

I literally noticed it a few years ago, Jamie Oliver being the main offender.  He literally fried the egg for a minute etc . . . 

If you watch Archer they figuratively take the piss out of it in the latter few series.

Obviously like . . . my bad (Mr Koontz I hope that's jesting ;) . . . and bye bye bye bye (or more accurately ba ba ba ba ba) . . .  all get on my tats.  

Although me and the Mrs sometimes end phone calls in this manner - its our little lovers in joke  :give_rose: Awwww!    

Edited by madthatter

Haha

Just learned a new one. Cheers

Aye me too - it sounds very similar to the space docking manoeuvre that I also learned from this site.  many thanks WWys :)

I love the e.g. the urban dictionary gives . . .

Shanya decided her vagina needed some lube so her boyfriend literally performed an alabama hot pocket.

I don't know why but the name Shanya in that example makes me titter most

Edited by madthatter