Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

David Lloyd

kent_white

Is anyone on here a member?

I've just been in touch and they want £67 a month plus a £50 joining fee. I've not been down to have a look yet and I know it's supposed to be nice inside - but I don't understand how much nicer it could possibly be to justify those prices? That's just for the gym as well - not for the racquet sports.

Any members on here who could sell it to me?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind paying if it's class - but apart from having smart changing rooms I'm not sure how much better it could possibly be? Like the idea of an outdoor pool for the three days of the year when it's warm enough to swim in it mind.

I'll report back after I've used me free pass! :-)

I am a member there, if you use it enough then it's not expensive at all. Suggest you push back on the joining fee, say you will sign there and then if it is waived.

Many plus points; top equipment, friendly folk, no roid heads or mouthy chavvy white or Asian youths. Downside is Little Henri Lloyd being a member.

I used to be a member of the Chorley one. It's nice but I couldn't justify nigh on 70 quid a month on it either. Plus the outdoor pool was always full of kids acting like, well kids after 6pm which I was promised wouldn't happen when I asked on joining.

Jeez! I pay £12 a month for Lifestyle fitness in Burnley. Clean, loads of new equipment and hardly anyone in when I go mid morning. No pool though but I would probably not use one anyway.

Used to be a member when I lived at home, way too dear for me now though. Excellent facilities, but I felt it was a "scene" as much as a gym. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm a YMCA man now.

That heated outdoor pool on a rainy/frozen morning though, bliss.

Fuckin ell I thought the £36pm I pay at YMCA was steep!

Little Henry Loyd that used to post on here goes to David Loyd, He said its full of filthy rayguns snotting all over the gaff and washing their feet in the sinks.

was a member of DW Bolton was in steam room  dirty RAYGUN started to have a piss down the plug hole

I said what you doing you savage

I only went to swim so fuck knows what they did in there

so fucked it off

was a member of DW Bolton was in steam room  dirty RAYGUN started to have a piss down the plug hole

I said what you doing you savage

I only went to swim so fuck knows what they did in there

so fucked it off

What wound me up about Uncle Daves was that there were only 2 sinks in the gents toilets and they were nearly always being hogged by cheeky bastards shaving.