Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Port Vale 0-2 Wanderers

globaldiver

When you're 53, you've got daughters, step-daughters, a grandson, a big fucking mortgage and an expensive Mrs, and you've been made redundant twice in recent years, you take what you're given, and on-call was part of the job offer. Every 9 weeks, when I'm on the rota, I can't do owt just in case I get that call

Shitter but got to be done mate

When you're 53, you've got daughters, step-daughters, a grandson, a big fucking mortgage and an expensive Mrs, and you've been made redundant twice in recent years, you take what you're given, and on-call was part of the job offer. Every 9 weeks, when I'm on the rota, I can't do owt just in case I get that call

great to see a fantastic work ethic. Sometimes you just need to do what you have to do to give your family a decent standard of living. Football then comes second Edited by Salford Trotter

Aye, fair play mate. Didn't know your circumstances. Apologies if it came across as a dig, I didn't mean anything by it except being on call would be a nightmare for me.

I'm nervy as fuck and can't sleep. Had 2nd beer already. Going to be in Manchester for 9am again and get the usual brekkie then 10:46 onto Stoke on Trentham COYWM

Yep we have missed the marvelous madine; your hero

We miss any big lump he way we've played

And yes I'd rather he was playing given our current style and form

I don't think we'll see him in a BWFC shirt again though

And frankly I'd rather we played with a bit more pace as a team and had midfielders carrying the ball, moving forwards and generally being positive. IMO that's what we've missed more.

Anyway 1-1 today. And a nervy last game

• Site Supporter

On the way to Shrewsbury I said we'd get ourselves quite a few points clear then find a way of dragging ourselves back into a dog fight before ultimately getting over the line.

I've thought for weeks we would win today and against Peterbrough whether we need to or not. Well, we do, and will.

Will there be plenty boozing in Stoke aside from the uni/college place?

Not sure what me + 3 are doing yet with regard to pre and post match refreshment - we have 3 alternatives to consider. Cant think straight nervous as hell.  

On the way to Shrewsbury I said we'd get ourselves quite a few points clear then find a way of dragging ourselves back into a dog fight before ultimately getting over the line.

I've thought for weeks we would win today and against Peterbrough whether we need to or not. Well, we do, and will.

We might not need to beat Peterborough!

Man at gym said he's mates with Chris Eagles' agent, so a cast iron source in my book, says Mr Eagles is gunning for us tomorrow. Desperate to score.

If this happens anyone near Tomski had better move sharpish, he will actually combust.