Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
19 hours ago, Winchester White said:

He knows full well, but he also knows thick fuckers believe every word he says. And right wing media just peddle his bullshit.

We have become Trumps America. 

:rofl:  I'd love you to point out where that exists in the UK! Absolutely riddled with reds and PC shithouses.

Guest Nordkurve
10 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not sure I'd consider the Daily Mail as being "riddled with reds and PC shithouses".

or the Express, or the Sun, or the Telegraph, or the Times.....

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

:rofl:  I'd love you to point out where that exists in the UK! Absolutely riddled with reds and PC shithouses.

Give over, the Daily Mail is as right wing as you can get these days, in printed media. The Sun probably isn't that far behind, it's just for people who are a little bit thicker and who like more pictures

Edited by Sweep

How many people actually read so many newspapers that they can determine it’s political views or even the political views of any particular journalist? I suspect people just take in the social media bullshit without actually checking facts or actually reading a newspaper.

Daily Mail reader, Guardian reader, Gammon, Woke. Simple politics for simple people.

It's really naive to think print media doesn't have an angle it wants to push, simply because of their history and most importantly ownership.

Its why Murdoch is still one is the most important figures in British politics. Its an oversimplification to simply say the agendas aren't there.

But then the guardian has Katy Balls write a lot for them - but then The Spectator also has a history of liberal radicalism with the Whigs, so it's not that strange.

Basically, none of it is without context, history or agenda.

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's really naive to think print media doesn't have an angle it wants to push, simply because of their history and most importantly ownership.

Its why Murdoch is still one is the most important figures in British politics. Its an oversimplification to simply say the agendas aren't there.

But then the guardian has Katy Balls write a lot for them - but then The Spectator also has a history of liberal radicalism with the Whigs, so it's not that strange.

Basically, none of it is without context, history or agenda.

I’ve always wondered if, during the interview for a journalist at any major newspaper or tv company, they ask them their political views. 
There was a story when I worked at Hick Hargreaves about the security guy at the front entrance. In days gone by, people used to turn up enquiring about vacancies. He used to give them a form to fill in which included the applicants religion. Only Catholics were passed through to personnel (HR) 

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

How many people actually read so many newspapers that they can determine it’s political views or even the political views of any particular journalist? I suspect people just take in the social media bullshit without actually checking facts or actually reading a newspaper.

Daily Mail reader, Guardian reader, Gammon, Woke. Simple politics for simple people.

Are you saying if you read the daily mail beyond the headlines and give it a chance, you'll find it's actually quite balanced in it's political views? 

I made my mind up on that paper long before social media, by reading a few editions 

37 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Your final paragraph shows you actually know the reality.

13 minutes ago, Zico said:

Are you saying if you read the daily mail beyond the headlines and give it a chance, you'll find it's actually quite balanced in it's political views? 

I made my mind up on that paper long before social media, by reading a few editions 

I don’t read any one newspaper. I read content online from various publications, left and right. Not sure what your opinion is by reading a few editions but I’m sure it’s content, as any other, will change regularly.