Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

56 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Worth also noting that under the agreement whereby nations would send them back to the first EU nation they arrived on; the numbers actually returned are paltry.

Indeed

It's because there's always a dispute as to which EU country the person originated from - unless bang to rights, none will accept responsibility

55 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

So that's a I didn't massively understand it and I'm going to still bellow my bollocks then?

Good oh - why change the habit of a Brexit lifetime, eh?

As I say, it's a religion, and I admire your unreconstructed faith. I'd love my life to be as simple as yours, must be bliss. They say ignorance is, after all.

You were so cocksure that Schengen and freedom of movement wasn’t  part of the problem and I just asked for your proof, you’ve give a chapter on verse full of waffle and bullshit cliches but nothing that proves your point, meanwhile 6 EU countries have reinstated borders because they are sick and tired of illegals entering. As usual you bluster with fuck all content to back up your original point. 

40 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You were so cocksure that Schengen and freedom of movement wasn’t  part of the problem and I just asked for your proof, you’ve give a chapter on verse full of waffle and bullshit cliches but nothing that proves your point, meanwhile 6 EU countries have reinstated borders because they are sick and tired of illegals entering. As usual you bluster with fuck all content to back up your original point. 

👏🏼

Is everyone on here struggling or finding things a little harder after Brexit?

Genuine question.

Or know others that are?

I'm buying the same food from shops. Still have a butchers order delivered every two weeks and a veg order once a week when in season.

Fule costs have risen but I'm still able make the same journeys before. 

I go Don't go to the pub as much due to I hate paying £5 + for a pint.

I don't often eat out or get takeaways. Takeaways maybe one a month and eating out maybe twice a year. Same as before brexit really.

I'm going on more trips abroad now then I ever dreamed about.

Still have access to a health care system when needed.

Me and my Mrs are earning more now then we ever have.

Those pesky teachers have taught my daughter well and she's doing great at school.

Do I think things are better ... Yeah ... But I don't think thats down to brexit.

For those that blame Brexit for their troubles. How has it affected you or others you know?

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Genuine question.

Or know others that are?

I'm buying the same food from shops. Still have a butchers order delivered every two weeks and a veg order once a week when in season.

I don't often eat out or get takeaways. Takeaways maybe one a month and eating out maybe twice a year. Same as before brexit really.

Those pesky teachers have taught my daughter well and she's doing great at school.

Do I think things are better ... Yeah ... But I don't think thats down to brexit.

For those that blame Brexit for their troubles. How has it affected you or others you know?

I don't know if it's made any difference to me or not 

I'm still waiting for it to be as good as they said it would be 

So far immigration has gone up and we're not putting £350m a week back into the NHS and loads of places have lost their EU funding

Right now I can't see what the point was

17 minutes ago, Zico said:

I don't know if it's made any difference to me or not 

I'm still waiting for it to be as good as they said it would be 

So far immigration has gone up and we're not putting £350m a week back into the NHS and loads of places have lost their EU funding

Right now I can't see what the point was

I expected little change overnight and don't think I've gained from it, maybe we will in the future. But like you said, I don't know if its made a change to my circumstances.

What I do know is I'm certainly better off and living comfortably. Is that down to Brexit? Probably not.

Do I care ... No

8 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Genuine question.

Or know others that are?

I pretty much concur with your points and that’s despite covid, I go Spain every 6 weeks, waltz through passport control, I eat out and do takeaways same as prior to Brexit despite our friends in Europe attempting to make it as difficult as possible.

My lads education was excellent got himself a great bank job with degree in data science all paid for. When I needed hip op the NHS were superb.

Yes we’ve issues as a country we need to deal with , but that’s always the case prior to Brexit and always will be. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Give it a rest FFS. She couldn't destroy a lettuce leaf the turtle necked twat.

Let’s see how good she is when the Labour party is in power, it’s one thing picking the opposition apart and a different thing when you are in power and making big decisions. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Again, I take it you didn't actually read what I wrote or more likely you didn't understand it.

It's not that difficult, Mounts. 

But as I say you like easy solutions to complex problems - you are a godsend for people currently in power.

Now you can carry on with your crock o shite posts all you want, doesn't make them anymore valid.

8 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Genuine question.

Or know others that are?

Another one who likes easy answers to bigger issues. I think you'll find if people discuss Brexit issues it's a country issue not oh, my kid has just had a good school report and cheap air travel has changed how we holiday.

Stick this in your Google

https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/fandd/issues/Series/Back-to-Basics/Micro-and-Macro

Again, its looking at the wrong question and giving the wrong answer.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Another one who likes easy answers to bigger issues. I think you'll find if people discuss Brexit issues it's a country issue not oh, my kid has just had a good school report and cheap air travel has changed how we holiday.

https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/fandd/issues/Series/Back-to-Basics/Micro-and-Macro

Talk about going off on a tangent, I’ll take it you’ve no proof to back up your original point and move on. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Starmer on the Rwanda scheme v Sunak, none of these points were denied during PMQs

1. The capacity of the scheme is limited to what Rwanda can facilitate, currently this is 100.

2. Anyone who goes we will meet the costs for 5 years

3. Rwanda can send us equal numbers

It just seems the scheme is an expensive distraction. I did not realise that we were are planning to send  people we have not processed and then if accepted they stay in Rwanda, if not accepted sent away. Why would Rwanda want the right to send people to us ? 
Think the scheme has so far cost about £150m. I do understand how the scheme will solve anything, assume the scheme is scaleable to some degree but if increased 10 fold that is 10k, Suella is saying 'millions' will come. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

Starmer on the Rwanda scheme v Sunak, none of these points were denied during PMQs

1. The capacity of the scheme is limited to what Rwanda can facilitate, currently this is 100.

2. Anyone who goes we will meet the costs for 5 years

3. Rwanda can send us equal numbers

It just seems the scheme is an expensive distraction. I did not realise that we were are planning to send  people we have not processed and then if accepted they stay in Rwanda, if not accepted sent away. Why would Rwanda want the right to send people to us ? 
Think the scheme has so far cost about £150m. I do understand how the scheme will solve anything, assume the scheme is scaleable to some degree but if increased 10 fold that is 10k, Suella is saying 'millions' will come. 

Scheme is a joke, Tories trying to save face and digging a deeper hole … sooner the public can get the chance to vote at a GE the better. 

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nothing is ever 100% alright, that’s life… FTSE stagnation ain’t helping old boys private pensions (Brexit related negative) means I can’t retire but I’ll soldier on. 

My Pension is now very US based in terms of investment. In last 12 months it has grown by slightly more than I took out which is fine.

I think the people who had real issues last year were people on undefined benefit schemes coming to the end of the term where money is moved into the safest funds like annuities that Liz T screwed over with the mini budget. 

32 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Seem it's effected you big style.

19 minutes ago, royal white said:

And is this a direct result of Brexit? 

The question was about people who are struggling. As with any issue like this there will be multiple factors, but you already knew that did nt you ? You cheeky scamp. 
As per W84 original post he is doing ok but does not know if it is because of or despite Brexit.