Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, royal white said:

Hi England, dogooding lawyers here, remember that time when we managed to stop you extraditing convicted criminals back to their home country. How do you think you will go on when we try and stop you retuning “vulnerable” people in the middle of the channel? 

It’s our water, we’re full up and not letting anyone in who doesn’t have the paperwork they need. Sorry, maybe you do the same at your borders.

Au Revoir

• Site Supporter

If a handful of crime-reeking, drug-addled, pisscan football thugs from the north west can solve this issue on a Friday morning in between doing some work and drinking tea, I reckon a half decent government with access to a gazillion pounds can do it as well.

Theres your Brexit fucking bonus.

38 minutes ago, royal white said:

Hi England, dogooding lawyers here, remember that time when we managed to stop you extraditing convicted criminals back to their home country. How do you think you will go on when we try and stop you retuning “vulnerable” people in the middle of the channel? 

Oh.

I'm listening to various people discuss this Rwanda deal on the radio today. The more I listen to it, the more I just don't understand it. Is there anybody on here who thinks it's a good idea and that we should be continuing to continue with it?

We've already paid Rwanda £240M, and we've not had a single person flown there yet (other than 3 different Home Secretaries)

The good news I suppose, is that this could possibly trigger a GE, as Sunak could struggle to get the backing he needs for this

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

I'm listening to various people discuss this Rwanda deal on the radio today. The more I listen to it, the more I just don't understand it. Is there anybody on here who thinks it's a good idea and that we should be continuing to continue with it?

We've already paid Rwanda £240M, and we've not had a single person flown there yet (other than 3 different Home Secretaries)

The good news I suppose, is that this could possibly trigger a GE, as Sunak could struggle to get the backing he needs for this

What are these migrants doing once they get there?

They housing them in hotels and barges?

9 minutes ago, Sweep said:

It is utter desperation from a bedraggled rag tag bunch of idiots, common sense has gone out of the widow, no expense spared in an attempt to make it look like they have a solution. They are full on boiling my piss now.

First thing , anyone who is awaiting an asylum application will be expected to work, paid minimum wage, if they do not do the work it counts against their application. The so called lefty lawyers won't like it but it makes sense.

Bit radical this but instead of pissing £250m to King Bing Bong of Rwanda spend the money on actually processing the applications and either fuck them off  or get them working. No recourse to public funds for say 5 years. The service has been run down like all public services and the lack of investment means the service is basically broken. Think last time I looked it took 18 months rather than 3 to process. 

Assuming we ain't spent all the £250m work with the French to identify who runs the boats and make that an offence, if it is not already and go after the gangs. If someone travelling from a desert in Africa can find out how to get here surely we can find out who is running the gangs. 

All of which is less contensious than legislating to declare Rwanda is a safe country. 

41 minutes ago, Ani said:

First thing , anyone who is awaiting an asylum application will be expected to work, paid minimum wage, if they do not do the work it counts against their application. The so called lefty lawyers won't like it but it makes sense.

Bit radical this but instead of pissing £250m to King Bing Bong of Rwanda spend the money on actually processing the applications and either fuck them off  or get them working. No recourse to public funds for say 5 years. The service has been run down like all public services and the lack of investment means the service is basically broken. Think last time I looked it took 18 months rather than 3 to process. 

Assuming we ain't spent all the £250m work with the French to identify who runs the boats and make that an offence, if it is not already and go after the gangs. If someone travelling from a desert in Africa can find out how to get here surely we can find out who is running the gangs. 

All of which is less contensious than legislating to declare Rwanda is a safe country. 

For a damn site less than £250M we could pay the trafficking overlords a very decent wedge to act as a border patrol. No dafter an idea than flying people to Rwanda.

53 minutes ago, Ani said:

Is that on top of the 500 million we have already promised them? Let’s be honest France are literally laughing all the way to the bank. 

16 minutes ago, royal white said:

Is that on top of the 500 million we have already promised them? Let’s be honest France are literally laughing all the way to the bank. 

I think tbf they are as disorganised as our lot. It just seems crazy we are so focussed on Rwanda and doing not enough in other areas. P

34 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

For a damn site less than £250M we could pay the trafficking overlords a very decent wedge to act as a border patrol. No dafter an idea than flying people to Rwanda.

Sure I read somewhere ( might have been Twitter ) that we could send all the asylum seekers we currently have on a world wide cruise .....actually might have been the cost of that barge I am thinking off. All Govts spunk money but political situation at moment this lot just seem to be thinking 'fuck we won't be here soon let's go crazy' 

QT was strange last night, even Tories have turned. This whole Rwanda distraction has backfired massively but in all honesty they haven't got another avenue to pursue.

Their record on everything from the economy to schools to health is in chaos, the party are tearing themselves apart in public. Sunak isn't up to the job, as Truss wasn't, as Johnson wasn't. May was, just, but foolishly called and election, couldn't hold the party together and was a poor communicator and Cameron was so full of hubris that his own arrogance brought him down.

The record is one of the worst in history. They have let the whole country down massively and will pay the price at the election deservedly. They'll have no one to blame but themselves, they've speeded up Labours chance of power and the whole party needs to reinvent itself which will take considerably longer than they think. Who are the leaders in waiting with a real vision, just has Labour had under the development of New Labour as a progressive left of centre social democratic party, but that took people with real strategic skill. I just don't see that within the current Conservative party.

If I was a member I'd be despairing, just as I was when Momentum took over the Labour party. 

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Their record on everything from the economy to schools to health is in chaos, the party are tearing themselves apart in public. Sunak isn't up to the job, as Truss wasn't, as Johnson wasn't. May was, just, but foolishly called and election, couldn't hold the party together and was a poor communicator and Cameron was so full of hubris that his own arrogance brought him down.

The record is one of the worst in history.

They have let the whole country down massively and will pay the price at the election deservedly.

But we'd still be better with this lot staying in charge, rather than let Labour in, ask @bolty58 he'll confirm 😉