Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2-0 Cardiff

victor meldrew

Will be interesting to see if Pratley plays 90 minutes for the full run of games over the next week or so, he certainly gets about. He was still covering some ground running around the aisles of Asda after the game without seeming to get anywhere. Probably a joke in there somewhere. They’ve earned a good day and a bit with their families anyroad; presume they’ll be travelling on Christmas Day to Middlesbrough, which in part probably justifies their wages just a tiny bit more.

Dont get the Madine knockers played well today & will take responsibility

The move for the second goal was excellent

Normally I am not a Pratley fan but today he was our mom

The ball from Noone was excellent - that's what he can do. Buckley likewise although not at his best today. The move overall it was the one piece of quality in the game.

Did not see that coming.

How the fuck are they 2nd utter dog shit? Because the league is dogshit and if you manage things right with ot without budget, see huddersfield, you can do things in the division

Decent game from Pratley ran his bollocks off all game.

Noone to start for Buckley next game and I would stay with the safer option of Taylor at left back.

Regarding Madines assist just checked the highlights if he had carried ball to draw the defender away from Vela there was 2 Cardiff lads who could of blocked the space off, he was composed got his head up and in my opinion the early pass was the right decision. But footballs all about opinions and that’s part of why it’s a great game.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Regarding Madines assist just checked the highlights if he had carried ball to draw the defender away from Vela there was 2 Cardiff lads who could of blocked the space off, he was composed got his head up and in my opinion the early pass was the right decision.

Plus he set the while move in motion from the position of being on his arse just outside the penalty area from what I remember.

What a great and unexpected result. Frustrating as hell that if we had done better last week we would be pulling away from the bottom 3.

I was impressed at how we saw the game out and didn’t sit back and invite them to attack us like previous games. That could just be because they were shite.

Regarding Madines assist just checked the highlights if he had carried ball to draw the defender away from Vela there was 2 Cardiff lads who could of blocked the space off, he was composed got his head up and in my opinion the early pass was the right decision. But footballs all about opinions and that’s part of why it’s a great game.

I’ll have to watch it again, but we all said the same thing around me at the time. Looked like Madine panicked

As I’ve said, no issue with him passing it or his contribution, but if someone panics and plays a simple ball (we thought too early at the time) let’s not laud it for something it’s not

Let me watch again today....happy to change my mind. It’d still be quicker than that dippy linesman

What a great win!

I bloody enjoyed that and it was unexpected only based on the shite on show against Burton.

I know fuck all but the change in full backs made a huge difference

And Cardiff coming for a midfield scrap against our pair was piss funny!

Well done Bolton!

I’m delighted with that win!!!

Madine is still a cunt

Watched it back a few times now

For me he’s still not confident in his decision making; he looks like that kid playing that is so lacking in confidence he doesn’t take a touch early - great players know what they’re going to do with it before they receive it. Watch his body and feet.....

However, I think I’m inclined to agree with Mounts that had he drawn him in the ball likely gets blocked - not from 2 but I reckon the inside 1 gets there.

so Fair play - for that part hands up, my initial view looks wrong

Merry xmas

Watched it back a few times now

For me he’s still not confident in his decision making; he looks like that kid playing that is so lacking in confidence he doesn’t take a touch early - great players know what they’re going to do with it before they receive it. Watch his body and feet.....

However, I think I’m inclined to agree with Mounts that had he drawn him in the ball likely gets blocked - not from 2 but I reckon the inside 1 gets there.

so Fair play - for that part hands up, my initial view looks wrong

Merry xmas

Fair play mate.

His confidence can not be helped by the people on his back every time he makes a mistake (not aimed at you).

After the goal and the assist he held the ball up bloke behind me said 'well done madine' I stood up and shook his hand, first good thing he has said about Madine this season !

I think he is decent and certainly our best option up there, he has improved (fucking Parky !).

As mentioned he got slagged on here for not scoring his pen well enough last home game.

Will be interesting to see if Pratley plays 90 minutes for the full run of games over the next week or so, he certainly gets about. He was still covering some ground running around the aisles of Asda after the game without seeming to get anywhere. Probably a joke in there somewhere. They’ve earned a good day and a bit with their families anyroad; presume they’ll be travelling on Christmas Day to Middlesbrough, which in part probably justifies their wages just a tiny bit more.

He was searching for the boos.

Great stuff. Rather than saying Cardiff were shite, I'd prefer to say that we made them look shite. :)

Buckley struggled to get into the game much but everybody contributed.  Taylor is a far better defender than Robinson, Madine had another good game against some big lumps (perfect penalty & assist ) & is crucial to the team but MOM goes to Ameobi........his final pass or shot wasn't always up to much but his running with the ball was superb & he also did some good work helping in defence.

Hurrah

Great stuff. Rather than saying Cardiff were shite, I'd prefer to say that we made them look shite. :)

Buckley struggled to get into the game much but everybody contributed.  Taylor is a far better defender than Robinson, Madine had another good game against some big lumps (perfect penalty & assist ) & is crucial to the team but MOM goes to Ameobi........his final pass or shot wasn't always up to much but his running with the ball was superb & he also did some good work helping in defence.

Hurrah

It was - his running with the ball took pressure off us many times. He seemed really up for it yesterday.

Ameobi is our only “game changer”

You could see they’d been told to double up on him yesterday as our main threat.

Only seen him in brief spells but I like the look of Noone; seems more direct and stronger than Buckley, but we’ll see. If he can be as good as he looks him and Ameobi could really put teams on the back foot with Henry and Pratley doing the dirty stuff and Vela being a nuisance, it could be enough for us to stay up, but lose a couple of them or Madine and we look significantly weaker

It was - his running with the ball took pressure off us many times. He seemed really up for it yesterday.

Well he did spend 2015-16 on loan with them but only scored one goal from 11 starts and 28 entries as a sub.

Slightly different motivation for Pratley - 5 seasons at Swansea.