Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton Albion 2-0 Wanderers

burnden

• Site Supporter

Apologies for my earlier drunken ramblings and mass duplicate posts but I've still not got it off my chest woke at 4 o'clock after my failed alcohol induced attempt at forgetting yesterday's debacle and it was worse ,made myself a promise about 3 years ago after a particularly traumatic family incident that i wouldn't let BWFC get to me any more but fucking hell whats going on ? We don't shoot at goal for hours on end dont tackle dont run fast can't pass the ball what the fuck do they do in training ? I might be way off the mark and thick as a Ghurkas foreskin but a the club and football in general should do something about this cant they be sued for deformation of contract these ex managers Coyle fucking Freedman and now this prick come bring so called players and promises fail abjectively and fuck off with the money it could not happen in any other walk of life,and someone further back mentioned Noone putting in a "full shift" fucking full shift should be a basic fucking minimum requirement every fucking match by every fucking player in every fucking team ,what the fuck is the fear of playing away about in the modern game the pitches are all the same the crowds are seated and sterile you dont travel on an old charabanc fucking pussies would struggle to beat Turton never mind Burton I'm fucking livid

• Site Supporter

Apologies for my earlier drunken ramblings and mass duplicate posts but I've still not got it off my chest woke at 4 o'clock after my failed alcohol induced attempt at forgetting yesterday's debacle and it was worse ,made myself a promise about 3 years ago after a particularly traumatic family incident that i wouldn't let BWFC get to me any more but fucking hell whats going on ? We don't shoot at goal for hours on end dont tackle dont run fast can't pass the ball what the fuck do they do in training ? I might be way off the mark and thick as a Ghurkas foreskin but a the club and football in general should do something about this cant they be sued for deformation of contract these ex managers Coyle fucking Freedman and now this prick come bring so called players and promises fail abjectively and fuck off with the money it could not happen in any other walk of life,and someone further back mentioned Noone putting in a "full shift" fucking full shift should be a basic fucking minimum requirement every fucking match by every fucking player in every fucking team ,what the fuck is the fear of playing away about in the modern game the pitches are all the same the crowds are seated and sterile you dont travel on an old charabanc fucking pussies would struggle to beat Turton never mind Burton I'm fucking livid

What I’d say is that a lot of this happened in the past few weeks. After Villa a lot of this wasn’t the case. We were working incredibly hard as a team. Ok still limited in our attacking quality. But 6 points clear and looking like we’d easily grind enough points out.

The big question is ‘what on Earth happened during the international break?’. To go from where we were to this is mind boggling.

It was just a case of a poor side having its purple patch in my opinion.I remember Colin Todd's side in 95/96 had a remarkable 3 away wins in a short time at Boro, Coventry and Leeds in the spring but then reality set in again, they didnt win away again all season and were relegated.

We were exceptionally lucky that an inch of snow fucked up Villa's gameplan and it was too late for them to alter their team sheet and they were stuck with wingers who couldnt run with the ball.On a normal day that would have been a banker away win

It was just a case of a poor side having its purple patch in my opinion.I remember Colin Todd's side in 95/96 had a remarkable 3 away wins in a short time at Boro, Coventry and Leeds in the spring but then reality set in again, they didnt win away again all season and were relegated.

We were exceptionally lucky that an inch of snow fucked up Villa's gameplan and it was too late for them to alter their team sheet and they were stuck with wingers who couldnt run with the ball.On a normal day that would have been a banker away win

Hmm. From October to March our form was mid table wasn’t it? It’s just we had such a bad start and now a dreadful finish.

That’s more than a purple patch to me. We had been ok from February to the Villa game.

It’s the Parky cycle

Last season was the same, started well then had a bad patch that lasted a couple of months, got our shit back together then the wheels came off again mid February

Luckily we turned that around

This season the same, worst start in 100 years or something ridiculous then we get it together only for the wheels to come off again

I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt previously, putting it down to the huge numbers of ins and outs each transfer window

However, ive come to think it’s more down to him than anything else, I’ve had enough of it

He can fuck off

Say again

Hands tied behind his back?

Is that what makes him use a bingo machine weekly?

Those players should be waking on to that pitch feeling 10ft tall; they are completely broken - you can see it a mile off. They’re scared shitless

And before anyone starts, it’s not the fans’ fault

See his interview and it absolutely demonstrates the same

It’s kot about losing Madine, it’s about those that we didn’t lose; nobody runs ahead of the ball or tries to lose their man, or comes short for it- all because they are so scared that we’ll lose it

That’s a culture

And irrespective of finances, PP is employed to make sure that culture is a positive one and using that he gets the best out of the players

He’s doing nowhere near that

He’s panicking and therefore so are they

He seems an honest and sincere fella but it’s simply not good enough.

The only positive I can cling On to from the game was Noone’s efforts and endeavour. Alnwick too probably

It was that bad that after half time nobody could even be arsed being angry. Never have I seen such an important game leave everyone so apathetic

Big changes required to the culture in the playing group; they’re absolutely broken

Struggling to argue with this from a sensible poster as opposed to the usual drivel from others.....it was also hard to argue with Cassie when we lost to Leeds / Brum and we stuck by the team that would clearly run through brick walls for PP - something doesn’t add up wtf has gone wrong in such a short space of time

more I think about that interview and KA's comments a few weeks back about players not trying the more I think something somewhere has gone tits up behind the scenes and PP cannot fix it

KA, LA and PP work closely together so thinking that KA spouted off something that PP may have told him and the players have reacted in the worst way possible

maybe not

but I cannot for the life of me, from what we do know, see how we could go from (some of) the performances and effort we saw in Feb and Mar to get ourselves within touching distance of safety, for it to turn on it's head and us perform the way we have in April

it's either PP's fault, or the players - but it'shard to dispute they aren't as one, not like Burton for example who got dicked 5-0 by Hull leaving them 7 points adrift who then responded with 3 wins

Seems that way.

That Parky vid was a tough watch.  First time I've heard him blame the players.

My guess is contract stuff but maybe that's too obvious?

Hands tied behind his back?

Is that what makes him use a bingo machine weekly?

Those players should be waking on to that pitch feeling 10ft tall; they are completely broken - you can see it a mile off. They’re scared shitless

And before anyone starts, it’s not the fans’ fault

See his interview and it absolutely demonstrates the same

It’s kot about losing Madine, it’s about those that we didn’t lose; nobody runs ahead of the ball or tries to lose their man, or comes short for it- all because they are so scared that we’ll lose it

That’s a culture

And irrespective of finances, PP is employed to make sure that culture is a positive one and using that he gets the best out of the players

He’s doing nowhere near that

He’s panicking and therefore so are they

He seems an honest and sincere fella but it’s simply not good enough.

The only positive I can cling On to from the game was Noone’s efforts and endeavour. Alnwick too probably

It was that bad that after half time nobody could even be arsed being angry. Never have I seen such an important game leave everyone so apathetic

Big changes required to the culture in the playing group; they’re absolutely broken

well put Manc

Regarding noon when he signed Cardiff fans even said you’ve a cracker but yet he has been nowhere near the starting line up yet he was signed on a 2 year contract

End of day ken has supplied Parkinson with the tools to do the job not the best tools but enough

don’t know what Lee Anderson said to DG but he text me saying he’s done with the club after 41years????????,

He will be back like but something got to him

I think he was a bit arsey to D at half time, combined with a days boozing and the shite on offer he was NOT happy!

• Site Supporter

• Site Supporter

• Site Supporter

Seems that way.

That Parky vid was a tough watch. First time I've heard him blame the players.

Something has gone on. There was mention by Ken of contract talks around the Villa game. I fail to believe there wasn’t some sort of discussion that went wrong. To go from the Villa performance to 11 players on a pitch and none of them seem arsed, something pretty major has gone wrong somewhere.

• Moderators

Seems that way.

That Parky vid was a tough watch. First time I've heard him blame the players.

Well we know that contract talk has gone on and with the Alnwick situation being reported

Maybe A case of "this is the deal on the table if we stay up", and they're all shit and players out of contract have thought fuck that

The effort is there from ALF and Noone and coincidentally we know they will be here next season

As well as those I think there's only Taylor and Buckley from yesterday whos deal isn't up whilst Vela is notable in his absence