Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Players On Strike - St Mirren Off

barrycowdrill

The article mentions “certain players” not being paid their June wage. It could be that Ken is trying to pull a bit of a fast one and not pay some bonuses etc on a technicality, or has not paid some of the squad that have left, and the lads still here are sticking up for them and showing that they don’t want to be messed about any more.

Rather than just out and out cash flow problems

Didn't Moxey, amongst others, infer last year that those that had left were not paid bonuses due ?

I think I said to Tomski ages back what happens when ken says enough is enough. He can only continue for so long without investment.

What’s next little mix getting shelved????

As long as magic weekend doesn’t get shelved at the macron. I’m flying back from hols especially for it????

The article mentions “certain players” not being paid their June wage. It could be that Ken is trying to pull a bit of a fast one and not pay some bonuses etc on a technicality, or has not paid some of the squad that have left, and the lads still here are sticking up for them and showing that they don’t want to be messed about any more.

Didn't Moxey, amongst others, infer last year that those that had left were not paid bonuses due ?

This......he’s a hard nosed cunt if things were terminal he’d have known months ago and his son wouldn’t be tweeting emojis all summer ..... it’s dog eat dog if Morais Derik and Taylor have to wait a month for a wage or a bonus over us using the cash for a loan fee fuck em - it’s not right but it’s business ken has and will play around the edges .....

This......he’s a hard nosed cunt if things were terminal he’d have known months ago and his son wouldn’t be tweeting emojis all summer ..... it’s dog eat dog if Morais Derik and Taylor have to wait a month for a wage or a bonus over us using the cash for a loan fee fuck em - it’s not right but it’s business ken has and will play around the edges .....

It stinks if it’s a ploy

There was, and there’s a few big names and I’m presuming good mates that have left this time around. It really wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the case, it’s an easy time for the current players to ‘strike’ and show solidarity to their mates - bit different if players are let go in January and you’ve got a league match the Saturday after.

Like I said it could just as easily be that we genuinely don’t have cash but something just doesn’t sound right.

It’s his job to play around the edges but it’s also his job to not to piss off the squad and make the right calls, on this one he’s fucked up royally and needs to sort it quick.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

My point being even if they did ask and were as scrupulous as you point out (nought wrong with that) I can’t imagine ken opening up saying hmmm it’s touch and go whether you get paid or not. No one would of signed surely

Completely agree for Radcliffe and his lad and traf have been shit on

Course Ken won’t have done

But if it’s happened to you regularly you ensure diligence or assurances before you sign surely

There could be a positive spin to this, if a takeover is in process, neither party will want to take over the day to day costs until it's complete.

Cursed with optimism me.

Does anyone know when the last of these “numerous occasions” of not being paid actually happened? As Jules says, if it had happened as often as claimed then you’d have been looking to jump ship rather than re-sign.

Note that it isn’t ALL players that haven’t been paid, only “certain” ones. If they’re protesting about players who have been released and waiting for their last wage then they need to remember which side their bread is buttered on.

Does anyone know when the last of these “numerous occasions” of not being paid actually happened? As Jules says, if it had happened as often as claimed then you’d have been looking to jump ship rather than re-sign.

Note that it isn’t ALL players that haven’t been paid, only “certain” ones. If they’re protesting about players who have been released and waiting for their last wage then they need to remember which side their bread is buttered on.

Guessing end of season loyalty bonuses which caused all the shit at the end of last season (on the basis my guesses are as good as anybody else's)